Candy

It’s probably because the sugar wakes your brain up just as you’re going to sleep giving you an almost WILD effect. Dunno if we have any candy in the house (I’m not a person for sweets), but I can check and report back later. :grin:

It’s the glucose in the candy that keeps your brain fully awake–so anything with glucose will work, though chocolate gives me very vivid dreams. :smile:

I’ve been meaning to do the chocolate thing for a while now, but we simply haven’t any in the house. :sad:

MMMmmm… So is it confirmed? Candy helps your dreams and LD ing?

… hmmm intresting… I think i’m going to try this :happy:

Couldn’t it just be placebo effect?

Or maybe homeopathy (which scientists no longer think to be just placebo)?

I’ve already tried this. I asked my dad, who was unaware of the experiment, and a natural ld, to eat some candy. The next morning I asked if he had any dreams.

And he was lucid…Does that prove the placebo wrong?

Should the candy be eaten right before falling asleep?
Has anyone tried to combine this with WBTB?

Sounds like a good Idea, someone try that. I’m to busy. :tongue:

Hey! It worked amazingly well to me! Still think it may be just placebo effect, but when I woke up today, I remembered my last dream very vividly!

Yeah, if we consider it data enough, it proves placebo wrong, but it still may be homeopathy effect, which can’t be scientifically explained as of today.

So, even if it is an effect, or a placebo, it works right? I might have to dig deeper in this. Do alot of experiments and such. I’ll be back with results with candy.

I’ll do experiments with peppermints, chocolate, and jawbreakers. Then I’ll find the ingredeints, and in 4 days or so I’ll get back to this topic. Sound good?

Sugar cubes, try sugar cubes!

OK, I didn’t get lucid, but I had two extremely vivid dreams and a nice DR after I had a lot of sugar (sugar corn flakes and one sugar cube before bed).

Corn Flakes aren’t candy. Do me a favor. Try corn flakes before you go to bed. Just to proof if it’s the sugar or not. I’d rather not it be sugared though…

Chocolate also has cocoa (cacao??), which also has some effects on your mind. Perhaps this also has to do with it.

Again: Can anybody tell me, what the heck jawbreakers are?

A jawbreaker is a big hard sugarball with layers in different colors.
It’s about as big as a fist, and if you heat it in the microwave and then bite it, it explodes and shoots burning sugar napalm in your face.

Well, sugared corn flakes do have sugar :grin:

Why don’t you try chocolate and tell Redifin the outcome? Get some people to try it with you.

Jawbreakers are hard candies. They often have some other type of candy in their core, something usually sour or chewy, but that’s about it. Just an AmE word for a hard candy.

This sounds cool.

In school, whenever the teacher hands out lollies to the students, I start humming like crazy. I am very affected by sugar, it makes me nuts. Plus I am having trouble having any sort of LD, so I might give this a shot. This is my first day of school holidays this year, that is just convenient.

If I were to test doses of candy and stuff, how many ammounts should I test?

EDIT: I just bought a packet of strawberry creams, I’ll tell you my results in a few days…

I tried some chocolate this night… okay, it wasn’t very much chocolate, but I had a lucid dream! Unfortunately I was too tired as I woke up from it in the middle of the night to write anything down, and now I only remember some fragments…

Last night, I had just 1 strawberry cream. I had 2 NDs, pretty vivid, and awesome recall. Tonight, I will try 5 and hope for an LD.

PS - What’s a placebo?