Can someone explain to me how to use a mayan calendar?

And the basics of it’s workings? Thank you.

Here’s two nice pages about the Maya Calendar. Hope they help…

I have a question. Well, two. 1. How do you know when a certain day will be rhythmic or self existing ETC., and 2. How do you tell the day using that round mayan calendar?

Hi Chilla.

Firstly I should point out that though the traditional Mayan Calendar and the Dreamspell -13 Moon Calendar are both based on interweaving cycles of 13 days and 20 days, there are some differences between the two.

If you have the opportunity, you might like to check out this article:
13moon.com/not_the_mayan_calendar.htm

Anyway. You asked how we know when it’s going to be a rhythmic or self-existing day in the Dreamspell. If you look closely, you’ll notice that each day, we progress in sequence like this:

13 Tones

1. magnetic [one dot]
  2. lunar [two dots]
  3. electric [three dots]
  4. self-existing [four dots]
  5. overtone [one bar]
  6. rhythmic [one bar, one dot]
  7. resonant [one bar, two dots]
  8. galactic [one bar, three dots]
  9. solar [one bar, four dots]
  10. planetary [two bars]
  11. spectral [two bars, one dots]
  12. crystal [two bars, two dots]
  13. cosmic [two bars, three dots]

These are the “13 tones”. Each tone represents a “stage” in a spiral of creation, and has it’s own unique function within that progression.

This cycle of 13 days, runs in combination with a 20-day cycle, creating a total of 260 permutations or “kin”. The 20-day cycle is where you get the names like Red Dragon, White Wind, etc.

Do you have any other questions about the 13 tones?

Thank you very much. But one more question. Where cander I find a device that looks like plu.edu/~deserira/Web%20pics … 0Fagan.png ?