Protection for ***world war III** 2006-2012

what would be a good way to protect ourselves during WWIII which is predicted 2006-2012 ( This is an opinion quesition

There isn’t one, since it would likely be neuclear your best bet is to move to one of the poles.

Although after the neuclear winter…

Build a darn good bomb shelter underground that you can live in for 50years or more, with an air/water recycler and lots of food.

Build in in an area that is away from anywhere that would be a main target.

leave your mind. go into a permanent dream D:

WWIII. Hmm, that made my day.

So who exactly is the one predicting this anyway? :wink:

I’d worry more about preventing a world war than trying to prepare for one, but maybe I’m just too optimistic :tongue:

Prevention is the only protection. World War Three is a lot like AIDS. There is no cure.

Judging by the administration’s rhetoric I’d say a US and/or Israel attack on Iran this year is pretty damn likely, and who knows where it’ll go after that.

I hate to be a doom-monger but then again I’d rather see my country thrown back a hundred years or two than to continue being turned into a fascist state.

Ironic really that here in the UK the unelected Peers are the ones fighting to protect the democratic rights of the people (by blocking the ridiculous ID card proposals).

Pity that our legislative branch here in the USA has no guts. Acutally I want to refer to a different part of the anatomy, but I’ll keep it clean.

Eoghan

:devil:

It may sound selfish, but if something like this ever happens, I hope I live to see it through to the end, you know, to see how it all turns out.

Wow leb, it’s scary that I keep agreeing with you so much. I keep saying this to my friends and family. Unfortunately they can’t block it forever.

You know what i would do in WW3? I would live my life as normally as possible. First of all, what are the odds they will attack the exact part of the world you live in? What are the odds that your house, out of all the hundreds of bilions in the world, will get destroyed? I say there is too small a chance to worry. even though i live in one of the big industrial towns in the country, what are the odds they will get me?

Even if a third world war were not fought with nuclear weapons and all that stuff, it would still drastically change our lives. Think about how WWI and WW2 effected people’s lives; things like food stamps, rationing food, recycling your old metal scrap, making clothes for the soldiers, etc. The world wouldn’t end, but it sure would change a heck of a lot.

What if they bring the web down ! :sad:

Or need more comp.s and grab mine :eek:

I

DONT

WANNA

LOOSE

LD4ALL

!!

dude :neutral:
have you ever seen a nuke in action?
its no normal missile in that it doesnt need to land on your house to kill you. :bored:
everywhere within 10 miles would be vaporised (i think 10 anyway)
anything between 10 and something else (i forget :razz: would litterrally boil to death in theire own body fluids…even bone and solids begin to break up and boil…then you get vaporised anyway :eek:

when it explodes a huge pillar of fire is created hundreds of miles high…the fire is so large and intense it needs vast amounts of oxygen…so all air withing 2 or 3 miles is sucked and 200+ speeds into the fire…at these speeds anyone lucky enough to grab something beforehand with find there arms ripped off from them and then they get sucked into oblivion limbs or no limbs anyway. :help:

then you get the aftermath
no food
no water
black,exremely heavy and highly lethal rain :eh:
radiation that creates a real “living death” state in that the victims rot physicly and mentally and most just spend their last days staring blankly into space swaying to and fro. :bored:

radiation that creates extreme memory loss…imagine waking up in a flattened town where the rain was black and people slowly rotted to death if not starved…and not remembering a single thing exept how to walk and talk :cry:

trust me when i say you do NOT wanna live within 200 miles of this metal tube of death

aah science class is a wonderfull…if not disturbing peice of school :grin:

But that is the big question. Will i be affected? Well, the chances are, no, unless its a nuke war. I know what a nuke does, and i don’t need explaining. What i think though, is that it would be possible to survive a nuke attack and not go mad. If you are outside the blast radius, and the deadly rain reaches you, simply STAY INDOORS! Any radiation can gbe defended against, and if a nuke comes toward the country, there will always be people who will avange their deaths. Just look at Hiroshima, the japanese got their revenge, didn’t they?

meh…good point

but i have to say when the toxic rain comes you wont have an indoors :razz:

besides its only toxic if you drink it and only heavy enough to hurt and bruise…unless its a downpour in which youd probably be beaten to death.

wow death by rain…what a way.

You forgot one other thing. No electricity (in theory). There is a good move called “the day after”. It is an old movie that tries to realistically show what would happen in a nuclear war. The scary part is at the end they tell you that what you just saw was the best case scenario.

You can look on the internet and find plans on how to build a disaster shelter or buy one.

No matter what happens I think people will survive.

i think it’s pathetic that millions of innocent people must die because some presidents can’t get their hands on what they want. well i say, make the presidents fight each other, not the countries.

PRESIDENT KNIFE FIGHT! ;D

I agree (about the presidents, not the knife fight :wink: ).
It’s an old idea, young men fight old men’s wars or something like that.

Sort and simple: Read about the trinity test.

Now let me remind you that this was one of the first atomic bombs. It was merely a prototype. It was triggered by firing a neutron against a lot of uranium. They didn’t know plutonium yet. It was a weak bomb.

The bombs thrown at Hiroshima and Nagazaki were way more powerful. The ones built during cold war, even more powerful.

And nowadays… The H bomb. If the Atomic bomb, which is already powerful, needed a neutron to be triggered, imagine the power of a H bomb, which needs a Hiroshima bomb to be triggered.

A nicely made H bomb can destroy the Earth over 20 times. That’s sick.

Are you suggesting we keep revenging until someone feels fine with being revenged at and don’t strike back?

Jason, this is the most unsentible and unsensituve remark I’ve read in a long while. It’s almost exhortation to war!

And anyway, how can fighting even more solve anything?