Dreamspell questions

My interest in Dreamspell actually wavers every now and again. Anyway, I have couple of questions about it and I thought I might as well ask it now. I might ask more later and that’s why I decided to make this thread. I thought it would bo good to have an FAQ or something about it. Forgive me if the answers to my questions are already stated somewhere.

Right now, I am wondering about 3 things related to dreamspell:

1. Since the dreamspell calendar is different from the Gregorian calendar in length of a year, month and etc, I was wondering about the aspect of days. How long in terms of our conventional ways is a dreamspell day? or does it follow it the same way for ours too?

2. Does dreamspell ‘time’ also vary from region to region like our current time. For example; it can be Monday here while it’s Tuesday halfway around the world.

(Now that I have asked these two, they seem like stupid questions…)

1. And lastly, and more significantly, the dreamspell advocates archetypes, right? It says that the combination of color, tone, and tribe tells us what our nature is. The way I come to understand it is that we should try to be what our kin tells us to be. Am I understanding it, right?

hiya alvin, i’ll answer what I know :smile:

1. a dreamspell day is exactly the same as a ‘normal’ day. 24 hours. The only difference is the way the year is divided into months. In dreamspell the year has 365 days, just as the regular calendar does. The difference lies in the division.

dreamspell: 13 moons of 28 days and one Day out of Time
gregorian: 12 months of 31, 30 or 28 days.

1. well, yes. Same as ‘normal’ days.

2. I see it not that you have to be what your kin tells us to be, rather that the kin is an expression of your energy. And if you understand the kin, you might understand aspects of yourself.

Thank you, pasQuale. :content: That clears some things up. I stil wonder about my 3rd question though.

I read the Mayan signature primer by clicking on the link on the Welcome to Dreamspell thread…

Its there that I got the impression that we ‘have’ to become our signature… or something like that. Its states there things like:

And another thing I found dealing with one’s tribe this time.

These gives me the impression that one should try to become his signature or something… and it kind of sounds negative a bit to me…

(While I’m here, I might as well ask why we are using dreamspell. Why don’t we use the calendar that dreamspell is based on?)