memory foam..

Ever since I replaced my matress topper with memory foam a few days ago, I’ve been having LDs left and right. I am convinced the cause lies in memory foam’s unique way of evenly disbursing weight so there aren’t any pressure points on the body. You probably remember my WILD before I got the thing (you know, counting to 500+), well now I can’t even remember getting to 20 before I’m asleep. I tell myself before bed that I will become lucid in my sleep tonight and I always just realize that I’m dreaming. The night I got it (about 4 days ago) I had 3 sucessive LDs…I now have a week off for spring break so I’ll do some additional testing. Anybody else had the same experience?

I dont understand ‘‘replacing my matress topper with memory foam’’ what is that ?

A matress topper is a padded layer usually about 2-3 inches thick that is put on top of the matress to make it more comfortable. Sometimes it consists of many down or cotton filled squares sewn together into a large checkerboard-like design, this is placed onto the bare matress and then you add your bedding to it as usual. Thus you have an additional layer of cushioning between your body and the matress. A memory foam topper is the same concept except it is all one large piece of NASA developed foam. They are usually ungodly expensive but at places like overstock.com they can be had for about the same price as a conventional topper. Better :content: ?

in other words, pillow
but in a commercial it sais memory foam has pressure points over your neck AND head, but i don’t know if that’s true

Interesting! I tried that stuff out in a mattress store once, and it certainly felt…different. I imagine it could increase lucidity…

I’m happy for you! Keep it up.

Sweet, my bed is memory foam :tongue:

Too long have I wished for a matress, a topper, or even a pillow made of the Temperpedic material. I’d accept knock-offs, I’d accept anything. Now I sleep on the floor. Oh well.

I have my matress on the floor by itself(no foam). Works pretty well for me. :open_mouth:
I’ll admit that foam does feel good though.

:hmmm:
Memory foam? I haven’t even heard of it but it sounds like something worth trying. First I’d have to convince my penny pincher of a mother fo buy one for me: Not going to happen. :no:

I went on the temperpedic website a while back. Said they’d sell their mattresses for about the same price as a normal mattress in the informercial. LIE! Too bad, huh?

Temperpedic is the best stuff ever…I fell like I’m just lying in a cloud…I can see how it would help with lucidity…no outside forces on your phisical body…

I’d like an orthopedic matress or memory foam, I’m planning on getting a new bed, this one just… bed of nails.

I’ll be looking into some decent matresses so I’ll deffinately be looking into memory foam and stuff :happy:

Interesting I’ll have to try a foam mattress out. Sleeping position makes a difference for me. If I’m more inclined and have my legs crossed when going to be I tend to have more LD’s

It’s like Tempur-Pedic…I’d probably get one of those mattress-toppers, the actual matress is really expensive…