ive been questioning myself lately...

though i doubt anyone remembers, i had a few topics and posts about not being able to LD no matter what, but ive been questioning that lately.

sometimes i have a dream where i know im dreaming the whole time but i can’t do anything about it. i continue knowing im dreaming and finaly for a split second feel like i may be able to control something i wake up instantly. if its a weekend (which it usualy is) i try to get back asleep, and i manage to reenter the dream sometimes but i get that lack of control again.

would this be considered a LD? i don’t because i see it as being completely in control to do whatever i want but im sure that’s not true.

if you know you’re dreaming, then it’s a lucid dream; at least in my dictionary.

What do you mean by that? Are you trying to change the dream or something? If you know you are dreaming it is an LD and that means you can do what you want but still it can be hard to change something in the dream if that’s what you’re trying to do.

what i mean is during most dreams lately ive known i was dreaming but thats it, i just continue the dream knowing it’s a dream but not doing anything about it. it’s so hard to explain… it’s like knowing something but not understanding it. do you get it?

If you are talking about lack of dream control in your lucid dreams I think you don’t convince yourself enough that what you are experiencing is only your imagination and not something that really exists. Your dreams are limited only by your imagination. it is not enough to be able to say to yourself in your dreams that you are dreaming but you really have to put meaning into it and belive that you can do anything you want for what you are experiencing is only a mental image.

I know what you mean. Ive had similar experiences. This is called extremely low lucidity, dont give up now, I think maybe you`ll have a real LD soon. What I do in these cases is to think that next time something like that happens, I will do a RL and become lucid, and also be calm and not waking yourself up. To be calm I always immediatly start flying or doing something that I want to do in a LD, and it works.

Ah now I understand. Try doing what Childhood said. I think he meant “do a RC and become lucid”.
Think of one thing you want to do as soon a you get lucid before going to sleep maybe that will help too.

I agree with Childhood. It’s a very low lucidity level dream. As he says, you should perform RC’s when you just become lucid, or try to enhance your lucidity by shouting “Lucid!” or “More lucidity!” or something like that.

Ledgem, I think I know what you mean. In my opinion, there are infinite levels of awareness between your conscious and unconscious mind. Obviously, some part of you always know it’s a dream (even if it’s 100% your unconcious mind). So I think that you have some awareness, but not enough to take full control of the situation. Like a power struggle between your conscious and unconscious mind. So pretty much, I agree with Childhood and RC. Also, meditation helps you to train your mind, so instead of going with the flow of your unconscious thoughts you can learn to notice them and take control.

As you’re falling alseep, remind yourself that a dream is a construct of your brain. Believe that you will take control in your LDs. Most importantly, set goals. Write down simple, explicit goals for your next LD and focus on those while you fall asleep.