The BIG WILD topic - Part XV

i find that even if i do WBTB (both waking up naturally after about 6 hours or using an alarm clock) i still seem to have trouble falling asleep. is there anything to help make me more…sleepy?

also, would using a relaxation preset on the BWG for about 30-45 mins help?

thanks for all the help

looks up relaxation preset

It looks like it should work, though the volume increase near the end is kinda dodgy… you might wanna change that so it decreases instead of increases.

Besides that, I don’t see why you shouldn’t give it a shot.

so i looked on some older forums and i found that a preset-deep mind IV-was reccomended for LD. i tried it and i got to SP really easily, but still no HI and i didnt manage to let go of everything to enter the dreaming state. im gonna give it another shot although.

Really?? You think you could give me the link for that?

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Well, whatever works for you! :razz:

I’ve been trying to WILD for a while now, with some close successes - however, when I read about LDing online, it talks about REM Sleep and such - and unless I’m mistaken (I very well could be) you don’t start entering REM cycles until a ways after falling asleep.

So my question is this - if you keep your mind awake while your body falls asleep, how is it possible to have an LD without reaching a REM cycle first? Or do you have to wait thirty or forty minutes (Or longer?) to reach a stage where you can start to LD?

Any help would be appreciated - thank you.

Hmm, I don’t really know if I can help you with WILDing, but I have been practicing it every night. Like with you, I’ve also come close to successes. For some people, the time it takes to fall asleep can vary, so I can’t say for sure how WILDing will work out for you. If you want more people to see this and put in their input, there is already a topic about WILD, which is The BIG WILD topic.

You might get more responses there - and hopefully a moderator will come across this topic and merge it into that one.

isnt this the big wild topic…? part 15?

Um… checks title no. It’s the BIG WILD topic part XV. confused

Anyway, the preset “Deep Mind VI” seemed distracting to me, because there was always this odd clicking sound every second… I got annoyed and threw off my headphones. Gonna try “Deep Mind IV” tonight…

Yes, but before you came here, he had made his own topic an a moderator merged it into this topic, that’s why it seems to confusing. :content:

Ah. Got it! didn’t see the mod-edit markings

the mods are :ebil:

Anyway .

I was trying to wild yesterday , never made it though.

Had autosuggested meself to wake up at 4 , didnt make it though.

ANyway,.

When feeling my body less and less and feeling like floating i started to feel like scratching on my , lets say “genitails” :shy:

Thn iot became a sort of “pain” becoming worse and worse until I ahd to scratch myself , thenthe same thing happened on other parts of my body.

any tips ?

im not sure if i saw this in this topic, but i read that if you drink about 16 ounces of water before you go to sleep, you’ll wake up about 4 hours later to pee. ive tried this and it has worked for me (as autosuggestion has never seemed to work for me…)

hmmm, if im not mistaken, these are “beginner problems” and as you practice more and more, you learn to ignore the itchiness/pain

Hah. I learned to WBTB by screwing up my internal clock. I would occasionally set my alarm clock to two hours before I had to wake up. Don’t understand why. After not setting up my alarm clock that early, I found that I would always wake up at around that time, give or take 10 mins.

As for scratching yourself, I can’t help you there…

I’m new to the idea of Lucid Dreaming. I’ve read up on it and done research and am very interested. I’ve only recorded my dreams 3 days in a a row now and each night I’ve attempted WILD. Everytime I try it, I feel like there is this pressure exerted on my body, and my breathing becomes very fast. This goes along with the walking down the steps or falling.

How long do I know that I’ve been down long enough to enter the dream state? Any tips?

thank you

post moved from first steps forum :moogle:

Hmm. I don’t WILD that way. Can’t help you there, buddy. :sad:

You could randomly do RC’s (by plugging your nose) every 10 minutes or so. You’re supposed to do something similar to that with HILD, anyway.

Yeah, you should get into the habit of doing RC’s…helps a lot.

Hi there!
I just thought i would stop by and drop my two cents.

Since the last time we met i have been thinking about LD probably every day (and night :wink:. I have tried hard to become lucid trough some WILD’ing with mixed sucess. :confused:

Most of the time, i havent comed further then when the numb’ness kicks in and when the tickeling feeling starts. I have always got to excited and everything has failed.
My dream recalling isn’t that good either, i have remembered more dreams now then ever but is just 1 dream a night.

Anyway, at the beggining of this week we started a little LAN-party, I stayed up for as long as i could (about 3 days with like, 5hours sleep totally) At the end, i tried to do a WILD. I was almost certain of that I would fall asleep. But i didn’t!
It was awesome! The numbness came, the tingle, the heartbeats and then! I coudn’t feel WHERE my body was! It was like i was everything and nothing, i was gone. Such a cool feeling! But i got so excited that i went away :sad:.

Anyhow, i will keep trying. Take care!
// Isak

Helps if you relax a bit before trying to WILD…definitely seems to be where you’re having trouble, as you’re getting way too excited every time.

Hm, maybe. But how should i accomplish that? Focus on my breathing even more? Cause, I don’t really have a hard time getting relaxed, i just lay down and stop everything. Take a couple of deep breaths and voilá; 5-10 minutes later i feel the numbness kick in. But anyway, it’s worth a try or two. Thanks.

I’m pretty much the same. I’ve never been one to fall asleep quickly unless exhausted. When I reach the tingly sensation and SP stage, my mind ‘wakes up’ when I realise whats going on and the scientist in me begins catalogueing the feelings and sensations. Shortly after, everything falls apart and I’m lying there staring at the back of my eye lids waiting for something to happen, slowly feeling very uncomfortable.

I have noticed though, that my body temperature seems to rise when teetering on the border of sleep and consciousness. I usually have to get rid of some clothing after a failed WILD because I feel like I’m running a fever.