Afriad to WILD

I’ve heard the hallucinations that come with the WILD technique and the SP. I want to try it but I’m too afraid of what I might see and how I might react to the paralysis.
You think I should still try it, though? :help:

You shouldn’t be afraid…SP or HI aren’t going to do anything to your body.
And besides, an important thing of WILD, is that you have to be relaxed, because if you’re worried, probably you won’t make it…
You should try

There really is no reason to be afraid at all. I’ve been practicing WILD for a while (with no real success so far) and nothing strange happened to me other than recognizing my heart rate inceasing and having my whole body feel “tingly.” Both are nothing out of the ordinary, so if you come across those you shouldn’t worry, either. :smile:

Well, I don’t know about everybody else, but I love SP! :cool_laugh: You body goes heavy and then the HI comes on, which means you’re really close to having a lucid.

Besides, you’re going to have paralysis when you sleep normally anyway, so why not have some fun with it? :wink:

SP is fun. If I only could get into it again. This time I know I’ll go all the way!

You have no reason to be afraid. You won’t see any HI that you wouldn’t see in your dreams too.
And SP can be scary if you experience it for the first time but you can read about it here on LD4ALL then you’ll know about all the strange things that can happen (old hag for example) and that they are totally normal.

If you think that WILD could work for you, try it. I don’t think anyone has ever died doing WILD :content:

You have your eyes closed when you sleep, right? So the hallucinations are just mental images and there’s nothing to be afraid about with them.

As everyone else here said, SP is entirely normal and happens every night anyway.

Not only that, but not EVERYONE experiences hallucinations or SP. The former only appeared as white specks to me and the latter only happened once. Give it a shot if you think it might work.

P.S. Philippines rock!! :razz:

Yeah about that, I got that with HILD too ! The problem with me was that I started to get the feeling that I should relax more, but when I tried to I realised that in able to relax more, I have to do something with my body which requires effort for just a tiny little second. This would probably make me more awake, thus ensuring that the HILD technique won’t work anymore.

Should I ignore this or… ?

First off, what does HILD stand for? Or can I go check that by searching the forums…?

/me decides to check.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/hargarts-induction-technique-log-hild/10708 :smile:

i have absolutely no chance of doing this, i would only be totally awake or fast asleep… i havent tried it but thats what i think… i tried to listen do that lucid song last night, im not quite sure what happend but i fell asleep wit or without it i dont remember, but it bothered me alot, it was very hard to sleep, i think i remember waking up and throw the headset away cause i got annoyed or something lol… and i didnt remember any dreams that night either…

no need to fear, see my topic: [WILD-ing without wanting to do it!!!)

I was afraid of WILD, and trust me, I’m the kind of guy who always fears “new” stuff, killing my fears is not easy! I’m still afraid of sleeping in the dark, for example.

but today I accidently experienced the SP vibrations and noise, and it wasn’t scary at all!!

I was focusing on the patterns I see when my eyes are closed - just out of curiosity - to see if they can become more vivid, and that seemed to trigger a WILD like experience (or a pre=WILD, if one can call it that! lol).