Can someone help me?

I never remember my dreams, sometimes I never remember dreaming at all. But last night I got on this site and read some stuff then went to bed. The next morning I woke up and remembered all of the dream I had had the night before. Do you think remembering the dream was just coinicidence or reading some of the stuff off of this site triggered something in my sub-conciouse? I am now keeping a dream journal. When should I start to try to become lucid??? Does anyone have any tips for me? For some reason I still kinda feel in the dark, like I’m doing something wrong even though I have only been doing this for one day. I’m weird, I know. But any kind of advice is appreciated.

I dreamt last night that I was a secret agent trying to save the world from a evil scientist. I had a partner that was a young woman of Asian decent.

I keep wanting to think that at some point in the dream I was lucid, but I keep telling myself it’s too early to be lucid.

Like in the dream, I remember that at one point I stopped what I was doing and was thinking but I can’t remember what I was thinking about. But something keeps telling me that I was thinking about “if I was dreaming or not.” But I can’t exactly remember, but I definately remember as I was trying to think my partner ran up to me and messed up my train of thought, telling me that if we didn’t hurry the evil scientist was gunna destroy a building. So I got sidetracked and didn’t think anything of it.
Sorry if this passage was a little confusing.

Hey, congratulations on remembering your dreams, even though normally you don’t! :clap:

It’s possible that coming to this sight has triggered something in your subconcious. Perhaps reading about lucid dreaming has gotten you to think of dreaming as something significant. :yes:

It’s not necessarily to early to be lucid, I don’t even think that’s possible! Whenever I have the feeling that I was lucid at some point, I usually just go ahead and try to convince myself that I was lucid. I even try to convince myself that I was lucid even if I didn’t remember my dreams such as thinking this:

Well, I could have been lucid, then I just forgot it. :notify:

I always find it helpful to think as positively as possible. :mrgreen:

A lot of people experience a sudden boost in dream recall when they become interested in LDing. It’s normal. What’s happening is your brain is making a decision that dreams are now important. Normally, you forget dreams you’ve had during the night even as they pop into your memory in the morning. Now you’ve engaged willpower that causes you to hold onto these memories.

It’s NOT too early to become lucid. It’s possible to become lucid any night. It’s possible that you started to realize you were dreaming, but simply got distracted; that’s common at first, from what I gather.

i think reading this and knowing that it is possible, and that you get a desire to remember your dreams… the subconciusness picks up this and helps you remember your dreams somehow, i also remembered dreams like 3 days since i started reading about LD’ing…

and its never to early to become lucid, but for me i am not trying to become lucid yet, its because i feel like my dreams arent vivid enough yet… anyway as i have read on these sites, you should remember atleast 1 dream every night, then you can start to become lucid :smile:

It’s just that going to bed, you probably had your dreams on your mind, whether conciously or subconciously, maybe you had some intent on remembering your dreams, that’s all it takes to remember your dreams. If you’ll start a DJ and write them down, you’ll remember them more vividly