whats wrong with me !?!?!?!?!

ive been trying for 3 years to have a LD and it dosent work i forget to do RC in dreams and the closest ive ever came to having a LD is when i realised i was having a nightmare and that i was dreaming so i woke up but im too tired and out of my mind to think about doing a RC its strange please help :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This happened to me also. I don’t think anything is wrong with you. Have you tried WILD? That may be the best form of LD to try for a while. Thats how i manage. Although i have been forgetting to do that recently. Try WILD and see what happens. ^^

I’m sure they will come soon enough. Do many people think that WILD is the easiest? I dont have the concentration/attention span to successfully do one. I only ever have DILDS.

Day dreamer, how many RCs do you do in a day?

hmmm ide say about 10 :wiske:

i have no chance of doing a WILD, i think, because when i think and concentrate on one thing neither my mind nor body falls asleep so i just stay awake all night…

With practice, WILD will become second nature… it usually is with me, but i keep forgetting. I find it easy because when i was younger, i always knew i was asleep until i was completely asleep.

You could do WBTB, without even trying to WILD when you go back to sleep. Just get up, read some posts on the forum, go back to bed normally, I had some results with it… :content:

Personally, I don’t. That may be the case for some people, but it can be difficult to master.

In my opinion, one of the best ways to go is meditation - in fact, I’ve read somewhere that those who meditate and practice lucid dreaming tend to have them more often. The difficult part is that while meditating, you can’t have the intent of having a lucid dream from that! It backfires on you. If anybody would like to learn more about meditation, I found a very good site here. :good:

Ive tryed alll the techniques !! everything but i hvent got nowhere i dream all the time but i can never wake up in a dream :sad: :sad: :sad:

BB:
“The difficult part is that while meditating, you can’t have the intent of having a lucid dream from that! It backfires on you.”

Why would it backfire BB?

I know i should be positive daydreamer, but I have to admit that scares me a little. I don’t want to go that long without being able to LD! And it’s already been a month with no success. :scared:

Ironically, I found WILD’ing the easiest way to LD. Probably because they’re more reliable for me. I also found it to be the technique that requires the least concentration/preparation (for me, at least).

And if you say you’re having a hard time waking up in a dream, you should give WILD’ing a go. Might work. Either that or do like 100 RC’s in a day. (<–Did that and found RC’s annoying. Had an LD from that, though)

i believe i have read, that if you want it to much, it will have more difficulty to come to you… i suggest that you tell yourself, ok, so i havent had it ey, il just continue practising… then relax a little, keep practising but dont think to much about succes… take it as it comes… for me, i wanted intense to remember dreams for days after this, then one night when i didnt think to hard about it, just read these sights, and when i went to bed i just said, il remember dreams when i wake up… and i just fell asleep without wanting it to hard… then i remembered dreams… have remembered almost one dream every night ever since :smile:

Wanting it too much will lead to fewer LD’s because, if you want LD’s a lot and don’t get them, you begin to doubt yourself. Too much wanting could also lead to less motivation after a few failed (or even successful) tries because you are already exhausted (hence the resting helping with LD’s/DR/etc.).

It also hinders the autosuggestion technique which I know little about. Don’t know about that, though. shrug

Now, after I did that many RC’s in one day, I lost a lot of motivation to do RC’s, even though I HAD experienced a brief LD through it. That is an example of how wanting something too much may help, and yet hinder performance.