Question on randomness

I’ve been trying out techniques for lucid dreaming lately, but I would like to know one thing. When in a lucid dream would anyone be able to just control themselves and let the dream move on by its own accord or would that make you lose control. Thank you in advance.

Actually, this is kind of how my last lucid dream turned out. I wanted to turn into Sephiroth and summon a meteor on New York City (a challenge presented by a friend), but stuff just kept happening. The best random part during the LD was when I asked my mom to turn me into Sephiroth, and she did some kind of spell in Japanese. Didn’t work, though :razz:

About keeping control, though, I see what you mean (ugh). I hear you’re supposed to keep reminding yourself that you’re dreaming. I kept bringing up the fact that I was dreaming in my conversations. It worked really until near the end, when I left my house by walking through a wall and triggered a scene change.

I have noticed if my lucid control goes down a little, one of 2 things happen. Either the dream stops completely and I come to a stand still and wake up, or I start having a normal dream. If I start to have a normal dream, I lose lucidity but I may regain it pretty quickly.

With full control of course some things may happen as in a normal dream, that you dont really expect or have control over, but the dream doesnt usually take its course as it would normally.

Generally, what happens in a LD is that you control yourself and you don’t decide what the environment does, like IRL. You can do this when you have a good lucidity level and a good control. IMO, making the dream background change doesn’t make you lose lucidity or control.