help!?

what method works for you best? i’m deciding on what methods to try tonight and if i fail in entering the lucid state in my dream i record and try the next night. it really is frustrating. as i said in my post before, when i try WILD, i feel this weird pressure, and i feel like i’m spinning, and i actually saw a faint image. then i heard a sound and was instantly brought out.

my friend and i were discussing and he said i went into trance? is that what you need to do to get into WILD? (heavy breathing, repetition, imagining going down steps, etc.)

i mean i can think of many practical uses for LDs and i’m getting impatient trying to achieve the state. please assist?

Well, for me, MILD/DILD works the best. WILD can take a long time for some people (I’m one of those people, I can never get it right), and MILD/DILD seems to be easier.

How long have you been trying for? You shouldn’t get frustrated, you can’t expect to get lucid instantly… it might take some time.

Hmm, I dunno if that was a trance and I’m not sure if you need one either to do WILD. Basically, you just have to be deeply relaxed and focus on only one thing as you let you body fall asleep and keep your mind awake by focusing.

Once again, have some patience, you can’t force LD’s in any way… just let them come to you. See them as a bonus rather than as a necessity. I think all dreams are valuable, whether it’s a ND or a LD.

You can find, I think, the answer to your question in those two polls:
Have you learnt DILD easily?
Have you learnt WILD easily?
DILD methods are generally easier to learn.

Nevertheless, it seems that you’re gifted with WILD. I would continue if I were you. Don’t worry about the weird pressure and continue to focus on your practice. Spinning feeling, sounds, faint images are hypnagogic hallucinations, it means you’re close to enter a LD. Good luck! :smile:

WILD using visualization techniques works best. But like the others said, practice will eventually get you there, and it might take a long time. But from what you’ve said, you seem to be on the right track. Once it happens, it will get easier and easier as you will see what is is like and what does and doesn’t work for you.

Check these out:

How to Choose Your Tech

and…

Newbie Advice

I use WILD, personally, but that’s often hard for people just starting out. My advice is to go with Autosuggestion, MILD, and WBTB. (along with, of course, DILDs) =]

Eh…I’m pretty new at this and I can WILD (occasionally)…

I didn’t say it was impossible, I just said a lot of newbies have trouble with it. (I sure did. :razz: )

Well, I’d think my post sort of agrees with you. I did say it occasionally works. :smile: