It goes like this

L-tryptophan

becomes

5-htp

which becomes

Seratonin

which becomes

Melatonin

Anyway. I have been taking 100 mg of 5 htp before going to sleep each night and my dreams have become extremely vivid and memorable. Much more intense then they have ever been. I started adding B vitamins to the HTP and Wow. I began doing the htp to treat eleviate depressive symptoms, and I noticed the change in my dreams the first night. Many of these dreams have been lucid. Has anyone else had experience with this supplement?

Until now, I haven’t even heard of this supplement. I do have one question to ask of you, though. With time, to the effects of it eventually fade? What I mean is, if you have very vivid dreams the first time, do they become less vivid the second time and so on? I think I may have read this about Vitamin B6, but I could be mistaken.

I don’t see why the effect would fade if you continually kept taking the supplement.

because your body, like anything else, would get used to it and so would your mind. it becomes the new norm

What do you mean HTP? I like the sounds of it, the world needs more drugs!

Still…sure, your body would get used to it but the effect would diminish only if you stopped taking the supplement…

I was taking it around this time, last year, on a daily basis. Be warned after a few weeks in 5-HTP can have some toxic effects. One night after taking it for a while I woke up feeling bad and was vomiting for the whole next day, on 50 minute intervals. Anyway, I have read that nausea period passes if you keep taking the drug, but I wasn’t to eager to find out.

Wow, I think you were taking too much…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HTP

^ Says that daily doses of 300mg and over can induce vomiting…100 was reccommended.

actually I was taking 50mg