Homework

Well yeah. I’m british and i get both ;-;

50 pages for a hypothesis i proved in 3 pages >_>

Hey Shem you in year 11 right or are you in year 10? you ready for GCSE Exams! :cry: I’m worried sick i’m trying to revise as much as possible :read: since i got such crap mock results

Homework is evil. I spent most of my school years (ok ALL of my school years) avoiding it like the plague. As long as you get high marks and you hand in what you get marked on, it’s okay, I think.

/me never does homework :cool:

It’s only up to 10% of the grades, why do them?

Hmm, nice observation, Bruno.

Yes, I know what you all mean when it comes to homework - but luckily I’m on vacation now, so I don’t have to worry! :boogie:

It’s so nice to finally have a break. :whew:

I never do homework, … but that’s because the teachers don’t care…

In the Netherlands we have a stupid system called the “studiehuis” (starts from 4th grade of HAVO(=senior general secondary education) and VWO(=pre-university education)) which is meant to prepare students for university education, since homework is done independent on university’s.

The only problem is… it doesn’t work at all, nobody does his/her homework, -Why would you anyway? :razz: - and the quality of education has dropped quite drastically XD.

Well, it’s not like students care anyway ^^

I keep forgetting homework… at the moment i’m too busy… cos i’m watching bleach… actuall;y, i’m not sure if i got homework over the holidays… HOW SADISTIC IS THAT? HOLIDAY HOMEWORK! The one time we are supposed to relax and have a break, they pile a load of homework and SATS revision on us! To be honest, i’ve never revised in my life. Why start now?

I’m on vacation now too…but I have a take home test along with 10 other essays to do. My plan is to mass-produce essays. I’ll do the outlines of all, then the intros, then the first, and so on. I’ll have all ten done, but that’s only if I can get the will to do it. :sad:

The only bad thing about my situation is that I was absent on the last day before break, so it’s possible for there to have been loads of homework that I don’t even know about. :eek:

But then again, what can I do about it? :colgate:

:rofl: lol you remind me of me! I’ve never actually revised properly all my life and i’ve got GCSE’s soon!

Wait…i’ve got GCSE’s soon :bored:…why i am i laughing?

I’d better go study :shy:

Dude, maybe not. here is something that might help you. Test results are on average better, when preceded by bouts of laughter. Basically, have lots of fun before a test, laugh a lot, and you will do better. You’ll be relaxed, and it will all come flooding back. Just relax, listen to some music, even bring a little mascot if you must. But remember, this test is YOUR test. Nobody elses. Do it your way.

I guess your right :whew: , i am pretty nervous because my whole life depends on these test results. I know that if i study i can ace the tests. But remember i said “if”. I am very lazy and i always put off revision.

Since i have two weeks of no school, i thought i could do about 4-5 hours revision a day. It’s been three days and each day i’ve only revised for 2 hours thinking “oh well there is always tommorow”

No need for that much revision. Just one hour will do. You may need to revise, but cramming will do no good. Just make sure you learn the essentials, and that you can remember the rest. If you put a complicated answer, whilst mising the essentials, you will not get the marks.

yup… tell me about it, ive spent so many years in school, im acutally at my last year now… we have so much work, right now im to exhausted to do anything at all almost… but im coping through this year aswell… i maybe not have as good grades as i used to but im making it… school life sucks, im so happy im on my last 2 months of it :smile:

Yeah, i’m in year 10 going for mocks…HURRAH!! [/sarcasm]

Hmm I guess I ought to take a step back and look at my work load.

School- 8AM - 3PM
Mandatory Afterschool Activity- 3:45-6:00
Mandatory Studyhall- 8:00-10:00
Average Homework load per day 2.5 hours
School Days- Six days a week, yes six

Although, the teachers are great and have a true passion for teaching and honestly care for their students. I have multiple friends, good ones at that, among the faculty. So its fun, but a hell of a lot of work.

Can you please stop spamming that smily hebrew ? :grrr:

ANyway.

I dislike homework.

I mean

I ahve had 12-13 hour-days at worst :confused:

I wouldn’t mind school that much if it wasn’t for the homework. I’m supposed to be doing a 2000 word essay right now (not really that much but still annoying), but i’m in a procrastinating mood.

At least in year 10 I don’t have to do art homework. Art homework always used to take me ages and I was never pleased with it once I had finished.

Strangely enough, I like tests. At least while tests are going on they can’t give you homework.

did somebody say ARCTIC MONKEYS? sorry for going off topic in such a devilish way, but I have to say they rule. Going to a concert here in barcelona next month :happy:

Hmm, back on the unsavoury topic of homework… Here in spain, school starts at 9am, and ends at 5pm. Yeah, sucks, but we get 3 months summer holiday :cool:
Homework wise, there isn’t really much to do… the occasional essay or physics exercise, but that’s about it, hehe… Studying A LOT for the exams is a must though. They are easy if you study.

Oh, btw, I’m doing the “baccalaureate” thingybob like they have in france and maybe other places. Consists of 2 years right before uni, and I’m on the first of my 2. Happy studying guys!

(I’m so glad I don’t need to do those damn A levels! :tongue: :content:)

Baccalaureate? You mean International Baccalaureate? That’s awesome, 'cause I’m in the US and doing that program too!

It’s sad when:

1. You go to school to get your sleep
  2. You’re busier than your parents
  3. You never learn because procrastination is an integral part of your lifestyle.