Movie thread Part III

The links to previous parts of the movie thread are <Part I><Part II

Lord of War…wow!!!
Omg has anyone seen the move Lord of War with Nicholas Cage?!!?!? what a freakin rediculously awesome movie. Exploits Our leaders, and in general humanity’s hipocrisy and the idea that eveil is an everlasting flow. But since, we all have our own “flows” that are subjectively evel to someone out there, tehre is no such thing as eveil, only human nature. There are many other amazing themes and the movie just pwns in genral!!

well anyways, i just watched it, and it is immediatley one of my favorite movies! go see it!!!

My sister rented Stay the other night since she’s crazy about the lead man (Ewan McGregor), and I’m wondering if anyone else has seen it since it deals with dreaming/appeareance v.s. reality/life and death. Its a psychological thriller but you won’t find any chainsaw weilding maniacs and killers, insead it’s a really trippy and sometimes weird to the point of disturbing. I liked it since I find movies that keep your mind guessing appealing. I’d recommend it to people who have a keen eye and an open mind, but I don’t think everyone would like it. How did you like it (if you watched it)?

Today I bought the Back to the Future trilogy box set. It’s been years since I’ve seen any of the films. I just got done watching the first one and it is still as great as I remember it. I’m sure you are all familiar with the plot, so I don’t need to go into it. I think I’m going to watch the second one tonight. Good memories :smile:

Lost Highway is one of my all time favourite movies. I am a huge David Lynch fan. I agree that there is no single answer to the film, as Lynch has said many times that he wants the viewer to walk away with an experience individual to them. However, here is my theory. I should warn anyone who hasn’t seen it that the rest of this message contains spoilers

Bear in mind that this is only a rough theory, but after reading various interviews with Lynch, he very cryptically mentions “psychogenic fugue” when asked about Lost Highway, but doesn’t really elaborate. Psychogenic fugue happens as a result of selective amnesia, where a person will remember certain occurences of a traumatic situation, but not the specific parts which make it so. Psychogenic fugue, which results in addition to this is where a person creates an entirely new life for themselves in their head. My theory is that Bill Pullman’s character really did kill his wife, and the scenes of Pullman in the prison are real. However I think that the rest of the film simply takes place inside Pullman’s head and represents him trying to escape the trauma of killing his wife (after he presumably found out she was cheating on him) by creating these new memories/identities for himself.

end spoilers

this post previously bumped a 4 year old topic ( [Lost Highway) ), so to avoid this comment disappearing again I merged it into the official movie topic :moogle:

how did you find a copy of lost highway?

Ive been trying to see it for a while, but there are no copies to be found, ebay might, but Ive never tried using them.

Im a huge fan of Lynch’s other movies, Mulholland Dr., Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, but a copy of Lost Highway just eludes my grasp…saddly

strange, whenever I think of Army of Darkness I think of “Boomstick”

I cant wait to see “Lady in the water”
Ive waited for this movie all year. From the looks of the preview it should be pretty good.

merged into movie thread and title added to post

iono, i personally dont think it looks that great according to the preview. But M Night Shamalan (however u spell his name) Rox, so we will have to see.

Merged from I just saw the preview for “A scanner darkly” :bruno:

It looks like it will be pretty good, it has the same animation as “Waking life”. It opens this Friday.

Omg, i want to see that so freaking bad!!

What’s it going to be about?

summary: Bob Arctor is a dealer of the lethally addictive drug Substance D. Fred is the police agent assigned to tail and eventually bust him. To do so, he has taken on the identity of a drug dealer named Bob Arctor. And since Substance D-which Arctor takes in enormous doses-gradually splits the user’s brain into two distinct, combative entities, Fred doesn’t realize he’s actually just narcing on himself.

Its more or less the animation and art that will be the most impressive :content:

It sounds like a neat story. I’d love to go see it :smile:

Pirates if the Caribbean is out today! :hyper:

going to see it at 9:30 :content:

Wow, I just watched vanilla sky for the first time tonight. I definitely was not expecting them to bring up LD-ing, let alone bring it up by name and talk about/demonstrate it. If you’re a LDer you will probably really like this movie. :ok:

There is also a topic devoted to vanilla sky in lucidity centrestage click here :yay:

heres a list of movies i like, i guess:

Fight Club (of course), Requiem for a Dream, Donnie Darco(possibly spelled wrong), the entire LOTR Trilogy-extended version of course-(all 54938573948 hours or it), and theres other ones, im only naming a few. Also Syriana was pretty good.

Donnie Darko, actually.

Donnie Darko is one of my favourite movies. IT’S PERFECT.

I watched the Forestless or whatever you call it in English. It’s an animation about animals trying to get food.

pasQuale needs to watch it, she’ll have a real laugh at the cookies. :cookies: I bet the cookies in the movie were Q’s ebil cookies :razz:

Great movie apart of the Philip K. Dlck collection. I have to see it again just because I’m a little lost at one part. It’s funny how this movie has been discussed for some time in the old movie thread and its finally here. Short and sweet, the graphics were great and just to see the characters lost in paranoia was entertainment itself. I thought it was a good idea that ended short, but I cant ask for more. This movie took sometime itself, so in all efforts I think I will spend another 8$ just to get another point of view.

Just to rush up on facts, the director Richard Linklater made movies as Dazed and Confused and Waking Life. Story based on Philip K. Dlck experiences, and other films influenced by Philip are Blade Runner, Total Recall, and Minority Report. So to me, this is a team of greatness and it was. The hard part is, it’s an Independent Film and it’s hard to find a theater that plays this movie. So good luck, let me know what you think if any interest sparks. :wink:

link comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4614 … deleted link post by Hubbs :moogle: