Newbie Advice - Helpful Hints For Aspiring Lucid Dreamers II

I am AMAZED at the difference between “actively trying to recall your dreams and write them down” and not doing it. The last two nights I have recalled at least three dreams. As I wrote them down I remembered more and more.

I wouldn’t have remembered any of it if I hadn’t tried to.

Sadly none of them were very interesting :grin:

Well done Nyctersis :content: … don’t forget to pick out common dreamsigns you notice :smile:

Hi All,
This is going to be my first night, knowing what may help me with my dreams, my brother and i have been trying to firgure out how exactly to do it, and now thanks to you guys, i think we can! Even though it may take some time!

Thanks to have joined the Lucid Club ! lol

You will get a lot of pleasure trying to LD ! Thats a whole different world. Try OBE when you will be good at LD.

sigh I need a new dream journal. My old one is full up.

I write in ones with flowers. lol, it was all I could get from my mom, and I’m like, why not. It’s a bit fruity, but, it’s like, go for it :happy:

Mine had little flowers and pink frilly stuff like that so i made a book cover for it, like I did in high school where you cut up a brown paper bag cover the book. So then I could write on it the front cover and put little pictures on there.

I have another hint.

If you are frustrated, the best thing to do is to have a lucid dream. In particular, a very-highly-lucid dream. Assuming that Saturday is your day off, go to bed on friday with your alarm set for 6:00. The moment you wake up, go back to sleep. You may not think you can do it, but you can. Once you go back to sleep, you should get a lucid dream. :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh:

I just use a spiral notebook that I scribble/write all over. You don’t have to get anything fancy… but then again, you could get an LD4ALL dream journal. It’s got the old logo, but it does help support this site.

Have you considered starting a virtual DJ, so we can all read your dreams and make nice comments? :smile:

:wave: hey Mezergy! If you feel uncomfortable about posting your dream journal online, why not use Writing pads on your computer, such as Microsoft Word or Notepad?

Many people say that ritualizing the whole DJing experience makes it more important to your subconscious, but I think you’ll be fine with any sort of notebook you can write in. I’ve been able to use random little notebooks I find around the house–stuff that would cost a couple of dollars at a drugstore. Whatever works, you know.

Ritualizing it really works, but you only have to use a fancy notebook if you feel like you need some concrete referential to give it importance.

If you feel you can have any notebook and still look at it and say “this really is important to me,” then you’re fine. :smile:

I love notebooks, always looking at them in gift/stationary shops.
My dream diary has a turquoise hardback cover with a dark pink flower on it. The colours are very blurred and dreamlike. It hardly cost me anything. I write the dreams down in my favourite colour, green incase that triggers lucidity one day. It also looks nice on the page.

Mine’s just a basic school book.

But I’m thinking of making a new book using the computer and loose leaf sheets of paper.

Mine is pretty simple, and I currenlty use nothing more than a back, inky pen to write in it. Hmm, I think I was more motivated back when I used a green pen to write with. :content: Using fun colors is always a great way to get you motivated, or just a writing utensil that you like to write with for some reason.

Then again, there’s nothing wrong with writing it completely normally. The main thing that drives me to keep writing is the fact that I have a journal here on LD4all, and on SeaLife, so it is a must that I keep them updated as often as possible. :roll:

I always just use regular notebooks, for some reason I like the colors green and blue, blue because I associate it with nighttime and mystery, and green I dunno why…but anyway yeah that’s I use, just regular spiral notebooks.

I’ve just adopted LDing as my project for the rest of the summer, so it’s my focus these days. I’m finding it frustrating that I can’t work at it during the day and that the only time I can is when I’m sleeping anyways. So I was wondering: does regular meditation helps with LDing and DR?

It could help in the areas of focus, attention, and concentration. And even if it didn’t, a little meditation is always a good thing. :smile:

So, there’s a lot of infor around here! Where’s the best place to start? I’m just looking for some personal advice on how to have lucid dreams and remember them.

My ultimate goal would be able to pretty much induce them at will, if that’ possible.