Always Dark

Hello,

I have a pretty good dream recall, and I remember detailed dreams.
However, there is never light in my dreams. They are always dark without any light source. The only times I had a bit of light were when I was lucid - I managed to bring a bit of light to my dream world, though only a tiny bit…

I tried to go to sleep with lights switched on, but it didn’t help.

I wondered if there is anyone else here in the same situation, or if someone has any suggestions for helping me…
I also thought to make the darkness my DS but I’m not sure how…

Any help would be appreciated, TNX.

First of all, :welcome: to LD4ALL!

Anyway, I am not sure why that happens. It could be your SB trying to tell you something about your life. How do you dream? I don’t understand how you can remember you dreams if you can’t see it if it is dark. :help:

Could you train yourself to recognise darkness so you do an RC everytime.

If all your dreams are dark if you can successfully train yourself then you should be able to have heaps of LDs.

^ That’s very true. Train yourself to always do RCs whenever it’s dark!

I have a similar “problem,” but not as drastic. I frequently have dreams that involve me standing in my house at night with no lights on. Once I had the brains to try to turn on some lights–but when the light switches didn’t work properly, I didn’t even think to do a reality check.

Well, As long as I remember my dreams were dark, surely in the 10 months that I’m into LDs. If my SB is trying to tell me something, he does it my whole life.
I can see in my dreams. It’s not like my dream are pitch black, I guess there is some light (but not light sources), but it’s always night time there and I see 99% of the time hues of black.

(tnx for the welcome :smile: )

I hope I can :Z but I don’t know, because like I said my dreams were always dark, so I am used to it. Anyway I’ll try…

Datameister, maybe you can make the light switching your DS, anytime you are about to lift a switch do a RC, then if the light doesn’t turn on you are dreaming…

I also wanted to add some other odd things in my dreams(I think they are…): In most of the dreams I have, my DCs are people from my old school, that mean the I’m constantly dreaming of ppl I didn’t see for 4 years+ (and really don’t have any special longing for them…). Also, In the past 5-6 months I am almost all the day In my room on my PC or in others parts of my house, but I don’t remember a single dream taking place there…Isn’t it weird?
In addition, though my dreams are always dark, it’s not like what is happening in my dream is dark (I’m not dreaming of murders, demons, violence or something similar…) and I never have nightmares.

Anyway I really don’t know why this is happening :Z

Tnx for the comments!

Think of it this way: your dreams should be easily recognizable, right? They have dream signs that clearly distinguish them from true reality. (Some people pretty much just dream about mundane, realistic, believable things happening.) So your task is relatively simple…just train yourself to be prepared for the possibility of being in a dream whenever things are dark.