Dreams end on alert of RL sounds?

Sometimes when I dream, when somethin mysterious is about to happen, my alarm goes off or i am woken up. Like for example, I see a door and I know somethin cool is on the other side, and as soon as I open the door my alarm goes off.

My question is, how does your mind know how to time your dreams to end right when a sound goes off IRL? cuz its happend on many occasions, so i know its not uncommon

Yea i know exactly what you mean, happens to me alot too. I think it has something to do with the little ppl in are heads.

Often when I set my alarm I wake up one minute before it goes off. So my subconsciousness must have some way to monitor the standard time cycle of a clock.

bare in mind the “clock” is based on the earth’s cycle, if you continually wake at the same time then you are getting your body into a routine, our bodies are sensitive to the earth’s energies which will change throughout the day/night.

So subconsciously our body knows when we are due to wake up. Feeling these energies is something all animals are capable of. Birds use it when they migrate, aquatic animals use it for mating cycles.

Humans no longer really need it and it’s something we no longer pick up on all that much, but that abillity is still there to some degree. Ever been out during the day and known what time it was before looking at your watch?

well it can’t be a routine trigger since I often wake up at different times. But mostly when it happens I have something important to do the next day wich requires me to be on time.

i heard an interesting point on the radio, explaining why we always seem to wake up one minute before the alarm, or why the clock it always 10:10 or 12:12 when we look at it.

people wake up every single morning, and the first thing you usually do when you wake up is look at the time, most of the time its within an hour of the time you usually wake up. But when you look at the clock, you dont really take special notice of the time, you just note it and continue with your life (i know several times i have looked at a clock, then forgotten the time 5 seconds later and have to look again). but what happens when you wake up one minute before the alarm goes off you instantly think “woah, what a conincidence” and take note of it. its these times that your remember. if you were to write down the time every single time you looked at a clock or woke up, you would find you wake up at random times, it only the times you DO wake up one minute before the alarm that you actually take notice of.

also, in regard to being woken up when something cools about to happen. i think this happens alot because when you wake up from a dream, the first thing you remember is the last thing that happened in the dream, and dreams are always leading onto unknown things and interesting places.

Hmm good info Stokesy!

Hey stokesey, what you told is exactly what i have been trying to convince people of in some earlier post about precognition, sometimes it just happens you dream of something that also happens IRL and you only remember those so it looks like you have precognitive “powers”, which is in fact nothing more but focussing on a very small percentage of certain random events.
I think you could actually use this reasoning to explain a lot of other things aswell that seem “magical” in a sense.

Yeah, that’s known as selective reporting. Basically outstanding coincidences get taken notice a lot more of than normal events, so people generally overrate the odds of it happening, and (ocassionally) condone it as supernatural.

ANYWAY, I was reading earlier today an explanation of this phenomenon in a psychology book (it also had a little on lucid dreaming, but it didn’t call it that, and what it did call lucid dreaming was something completely different). When you’re asleep and you hear (for example) an alarm, it causes your brain to search back through the nights dreams to find a dream situation that could fit that noise, halts the dream in progress currently, and goes straight into that dream. I’m not sure why, but it’s been proven (somehow, I’m not sure how you’d go about proving such a thing).