Falling asleep TOO fast!

Not sure where to post this…

You guys are probably thinking, “You’re so lucky! What are you complaining about?”

I know I shouldn’t be complaining since I get a decent amount of LD’s but the reasons I don’t get on some nights is because I fail asleep the moment I close my eyes. I mean, really fast. I have absolutely no trouble doing the techniques, just trouble getting to them before I fall asleep. Does anyone know any good ways to keep awake? Any foods or techniques?

Oh yes, this is also the reason for the amount in March as I was excited and only 6 in April.

How late do you go to bed? Try going to bed earlier. Sounds like you are so tired that your body just shuts down right when you lay down and close your eyes.

Well, it’s not as much going to sleep later, but just start WILD before you lay down. Like, start just before you turn out the light:
“One, I’m dreaming
Two, I’m dreaming”
(Turn out light)
“Three, I’m dreaming
Four, I’m dreaming”
etc.

I too fall asleep relatively fast when im not lying awake going through some thoughts in my head. One way to stay awake alittle longer is to go through the day in your head or think some things over. As long as you keep your mind busy you should be able to stay awake longer. Works for me anyway.

or you could try going to bed alittle earlier or somthing so you arnt as tired while you are doing the techniques. But i would try the first way.

Good Luck!

Well sumone you should understand if you want to WILD then you need to focus on dreaming, which in turn can shut you down and put you to sleep. Preoccupying your mind is good until you realize your body is getting to sleep, but then you might forget to WILD. :smile:

I only have one suggestion to help you out with this. Perhaps you could try an irregular sleeping schedule. This is only coming from experience - I’ve noticed that if I’m up all day, then go to sleep at eleven for a whole night of sleep, I fall asleep quickly, too. It takes me longer when I have an odd sleeping pattern, though. This pattern involves a three to four hour nap in the afternoon so that I can stay up late, followed by going to sleep at a time around two in the morning or so. Since I’m not tired when I go to sleep at this schedule, it takes longer to get to sleep, which makes me a bit impatient at times. :clock:

If you have a loose schedule as it is, maybe you can try it out. :shrug:

“You’re so lucky! What are you complaining about?” :happy:

You and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I typically take a good 45 minutes to fall asleep, and it’s not that I’m going to bed ridiculously early or anything.

It’s not that I don’t get much sleep, I’m just always tired. I’ve tried loading up on sugar before going to bed but that has absolutely no affect. I fall asleep ever Science and History class and still I’m tired when I get home.

I can only remember one time when it took me forever to go to sleep (until 1:30 AM!) but I don’t know what I did that night.

I’ll try concentrating more when I’m using WILD instead of letting it happen.

IMHO

1. Coffeine
  2. Someone on this forum said something like: “…people falling asleep too fast should focus on a mental thing like counting or imagining something…”

Just my 2 cents :cool:

i dont know if you fall asleep this quickly in the middle of hte night also, but have you considered trying HILD? (thats the finger induced LD, not the hypnosis)

if you want to consider waking up in the middle of the night for less than a min this might work well for you :smile:

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … c&&start=0

That HILD technique sounds promising! I’ll try it!