Strange

I don’t know if my experiance is connected to LD but I’ll post it anyway. It was very strange.

Once i had a dream when I saw nothing but darkness with only one small picture. On that picture there was a clear gray land with only one tree. It wasn’t moving. Then I wanted to magnefy that image. Then it started moving… There was a very strong wind coming from right to left with enormous speed. There was dust everyere, the tree was moving like it was on hi-speed fast-forward (like skiping frames of video).
Then I tried to go into the image.
I grabed the image and tried to pull my self in. I felt my hands but did not see them. When I almost got into it, i felt pain in the back of my brain and i heard almost electronic hi-volume his.
That was the most intence pain i ever felt. I thought i will die.
I went as far as i could from the image.
Than I tried to do it again and the pain apeared again. It was so intence that i woke up.

Did anyone had similar experiance?
Does anyone know what that was?
It still freaks me out…

Hi k0zm0, welcome to LD4all!

I’ve read about the pain that you’re feeling, and I think that this is just a hallucination. I’ve had a dying feeling before when I’m very tired, when I go all “tingly”. Although I’m probably not the best to take advice from, I’m new around here. Maybe one of the experts can help you out more. :smile:

Thanx. I really am new here…
That’s why i need help.
So I call on to thee experts. If anyone knows what that was, please help.

Any other thoughts? Experts, please help…

Hi k0zm0! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I’m sorry for the late answer. :shy:

There is a state in dream when there are no more images. It is sometimes called “black void” or “pitch black” or “intermediate state”. During the transition between a visual dream and such a dream without visuals, images may appear (or disappear) like small pictures on a black background. This is quite similar to some HI. Though what you describe is a dream, it looks very like the stage when, during WILD, you try to enter a LD by magnifying an image or zooming in on it. As I said, it may happen during WILD of when you lose the visuals in a LD.

I’m surprised that nobody answered you. It’s not so rare that LD’ers experience similarities between a DILD (that is a LD you enter from a ND) and a WILD. For instance, you can experience a WILD into a DILD. Or in a DILD, you can sometimes feel your body like you were a WILD, or continuing of having a LD and experience in the same time WILD sensations, etc. Many WILD attempts are characterized by vibrations and a high pitched sound. These HH are well known. I don’t know if it’s clearly explained, but it’s probably your brain waves changing between two different stages of sleep and it has been reproduced in sleep laboratory while stimulating a brain part with magnetic fields.

It’s very rare that these vibrations and high pitch sound are painful, but it may happen. Some people who experienced this during WILD said that they become less painful with the time. By the way, I suppose it’s an isolated experience and it’s likely to no more happen. At the very least, I hope so! :wink:

Thanx Basilus West.
I didn’t know that such sort of things have a name. Now I do. :smile:

I would really like to go LD, but so far I have been unsuccessful.
I was reading about BrainWaveGenerator. I tried some LD presets but it didn’t work. Do you have to be sleeping and listen to the sound or do you have to be awake?

I am trying WILD method because I don’t have the necessary time to use other methods.
Does it take long to master it?

That’s all for now. I hope that I’ll get my answers soon, LD-ers…
:smile: