complete silence

Moved to the “Stuff Dreams are made of” forum, cause it’s related to a normal dream

hey,

just a little question, curious to know if anybody else has experienced something similar :smile:

This night, I dreamt I was speaking on the phone to a friend of mine in Japan. The thing was though, that I didn’t really know her that well so we didn’t have much to say to each other, so the conversation stopped and everything went silent. And when I say silent, I mean silent. It was as if the silence itself filled up the entire dream :uh: Sounds very far out there, but it was like the silence became so central it just filled the dream, my head, everything… :eh:

sorry, can’t give you a better explanation than that, but has anybody experienced anything similar?

I can relate to that from meditation…

I got that in an ND once and once IRL. It was disturbing actually.

Anytime things are completely silent in real life, it feels like there’s some strange white noise in my ear. Silence in dreams is far more profound for me, and I know it very well… both calming and terrifying, depending on the situation.

Reminds me of a dream I had many, many years ago.

I was in bed, listening to the radio. It was a chat show, hosted by a favourite DJ. People phoned in and chatted about many things. There was quite a lot of laughter. Then all of a sudden, it just stopped…total silence.

It happened so suddenly that it woke me up. Up until then, I really believed that I had been listening to the radio, but it dawned on me it was now the early hours and the radio show had finished hours ago.

i get a ringing noise when it’s silent, these days when i fold my ears and it’s silent i can hear a machine, probably our downstairs computers, cause there’s no machine making that kind of sound in my room

well back to silence, it’s just a high-pitched beep

That’s exactly how it was for me! The conversation just stopped, for no obvious reason at all and everything just went silent. It was so quiet it woke me up.

that happens in class too sometimes

suddenly everyone stops talking, it’s verry weird and only lasts about a second before someone sais “and then there was silence” or something like that