Anime supporters !

I forgot to add one of my more favored anime… its called Gensomaden Saiyuki. I really grew to like it. Its quite philosophical at times and it doesn’t fail to make you think.

Most of all, I like its characters a lot. They’re all very deep with well-thought out stories (and past lives too, actually…(they were gods before)) All of them are interesting. Take for example the character called Sanzo. He’s a high ranking monk but he manages to seem so unholy especially with his comments like “Gods save no one now, only you can save yourself.” And his most famous one… the Vanity of vanities: “Kill the Buddha as you meet him. Kill your father as you meet him. Never be captivated by anything or anyone. Live you life the way you feel.”

(And the quotes you can get from that anime are endless.)

EDIT: (I just wanted to add something about my fave character there: Gojyo.)

As I said, charatcers there were developed well. I particularly like the story of Gojyo. He was born as the taboo child of a demon and a human. His step-mother (a demon) hated him blindly since she saw in his face the face of the woman that was loved by his father. His brother (also a full demon) though loved him. His tragedy was that his mother’s rage once grew to such extreme that his brother had to kill her to save him. This was what he said about it:

“I think I carried a thing like a guilt towards my brother. The same brother who disappeared and the one who carried the sin of killing our mother in exchange for my life… That’s why I’ve been thinking of whether or not I should apologize to him when I meet him or not… But I quit… The thing I want to show him isn’t an apology nor gratitude… But to show him proudly that I’m living my life like this.”-Sha Gojyo

I like the characters from Anime. They carry so much emotion with them.

These two pics may not come from a movie or show.

Have a peak.

Green
Pink

Ooh, those pictures are great! Parts of them taken and scaled down would make good avatars - but I already have two in my stash that I haven’t been using yet, so I’ll wait here. :grin:

I’m a little bit avvie crazy, don’t you know.

That sounds like a pretty intresting anime Alvin, I think I will have to watch it somehow … though catching anime in england is pretty much impossible… sigh

Those are some nice pics Iluminada :content: … can’t say I recognise the artist, but there are some pretty awesome digital artists on deviantart with similar styles :smile:

Hmmm… I just started watching Inuyasha recently and got attached to it pretty quickly actually, there are some intresting characters mixed in with japanese lore. Not too give to much away, it focuses around a 1/2 demon inuyasha and Kagome whom is also the reincarnation of an ancient priestess named Kikyo, who guarded the sacred Shikon no Tama (Jewel of Four Souls), and who sealed away the half-demon Inuyasha who had tried to steal the jewel in order to become a full demon. Kikyo died of her wounds and had the jewel burned with her body… :content: anyways Im off to revise …sigh

I used to watch Inuaysha when they would show it on Adult swim it ,actually they still do, but theres just too many damn episode, :lol: like 165 or something. Anyway I’d say my favorite anime would have to be Berserk.

Gatts, an incredibly powerful warrior, is a lone swordsman in a medieval-fantasy world. He loses in a battle with a mysterious swordsman named Griffith, who holds a powerful pendant called the Eye of God. As the story progresses, secrets are revealed and the darkest depths of fantasy combat and political intrigue are explored.

This is definately a really good Action anime, medieval warfare style, with drama, horror, and even romance. So I sugest it.
Also, not sure if its an anime (I suppose its not but Im gonna reccomend it anyway), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. If you havent seen it, then you might want to. Its based on the hit game FF7, It takes place 2 years after the events of the game yadda yadda yadda go see it :good:

No, it’s not an anime, but quite entertaining to watch, even though it mainly owes it’s succes to the game :razz:

My anime that I’m watching list:
Naruto (Episode 96)
One Piece (Episode 176)
Detective Conan (Episode 2)
Dokuro-chan(Episode 6-FINISHED)
Furi Kuri (Episode 6-FINISHED)

My favorite anime is One Piece. Too bad 4kids had to screw it up so bad.

There are only a couple animes that I enjoy. Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, Princess Monoke, and Howl’s Moving Castle.

Ive watched a few besides these, but they just didnt interest me too much.

Lain is probably my favorite among those, the ideas and themes in it are just so fascinating, and every time I watch it I understand more and more of its mysteries. Explaining ideas isnt the animes goal, it only asks questions.

I got a new favorite anime series named Parania Agent. :smile:
It rockes!

Hey girls and guys… what are ur favorite anime movies or shows ?!?

BTW- are there any anime shows that just have normal people living normal lives instead of androids and stuff like that ? even thoes androids are interesting im still interested… BTW I love ghost in the shell

My favorites are:

1. One Piece(SUBBED)
  2. FLCL
  3. Bleach

I’ve seend others but they aren’t my favorites.

what channel or where can i find one peice ?

In North America, the anime is currently licensed by 4Kids Entertainment. It is shown on Cartoon Network’s Toonami block at 9:30pm. (Source.)

[size=75]— edit —[/size]
Let me ask all the members to refrain from posting Fansub links in the forum, for fansubs are, more often than not, violation of copyrights. :smile:

Just let me tell that the dub isn’t good (as you would expect from 4kids) and you’ll miss out on how great it really is. Funny thing is that people even post the link to the fansubs on the 4kids message boards and they weren’t shut down.

I have a lot of favourites…

Mononoke-hime
Hotaru no haka
Tonari no totoro
…and the other ghibli movies, and everything by Makoto Shinkai…
Ghost in the shell (including SAC and Innocence)
Gunnm
Sennen Joyu
Perfect Blue
Serial Experiments: Lain
Haibane Renmei
Gunslinger Girl
Elfen Lied
Hellsing
Berserk
Paranoia Agent
PitaTen
FLCL
Fuujin Monogatari
Atama-yama
And a lot of stuff from studio 4C

Where did the other Anime topic go =|?

edit:

here

Black Lagoon is one of the best titles I have seen this year so far, together with Suzumiya Haruhu no Yuutsu (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) and Utawarerumono. (Definitely worth watching =) )
btw: The Death Note movie is in theatres for a few days now (I know, live-action, but it’s based on the Death Note manga…) I SOOO can’t wait for the subbed versions and stuff, I want to watch it =\ (OP - Dani California - RHCP, ED - Manatsu no Yoru no Yume - Suga Shikao).

[This post was editted a lot x_x]

Thanks Fadem, the topics are now merged. :smile:

As for myself, my favourite anime is Cowboy Bebop. And apart from it, I’m not really a fan of anime. I do have some favourite manga though: One Piece, Shaman King, The Rose of Versailles.

If you consider Gen a manga, that’s my favourite.

Anime is awesome and all, but sometimes it can be damn frustrating–especially when they waste most of the show with monologuing and introspective moments and then towards the end, when the action finally seems to heat up–“To Be Continued…”–they leave you at a cliffhanger until they next day the show comes on (which for some, isn’t until a week). My grams said it’s to stretch it out–suspense…but damn, sometimes it can be ridiculous :roll:

Other than that–I’m a huge fan! :hurray:

That reminds me of Dragon Ball Z (I hate Z! They destroyed everything that was good about Dragon Ball!), in which “there’s only six minutes till the total damnation of the World and Goku has to defeat—say,—the Boku–Boku monster” and that fight lasts for 15 chapters of 20 minutes, and every now ans then the narrator reminds us that it’s only a matter of minutes until doom. :razz: It’s so frustrating! :rofl:

My favorite anime this far is Elfen Lied. The story is interesting and deep. I loved it. The main characters have behind themselves significant and often tragical pasts, whith experiences that made them what they are. You understand even the most rabid killer, and may even get affectionate to them. Even if the slaughterers are not human, it makes you see how low humans fall.

But watch it only if seeing people get dismembered, decapitated or just plain torn apart, being used as toys in the process sometimes is ok with you. Really, when someone dies, you get to see all 5 the liters of blood they contained. There are some nude scenes, but they don’t go far in that aspect. The story is very sad, and there are also scenes psychological torture.