Pain in dreams?

A while ago in my dream I was trying to lift a piece of square metal out of a frame. It was hard to get hold of and was cutting my fingers badly. That hurt quite a lot.
probably influenced by my clumsiness at work when I cut myself on broken glass. I should wear the gloves really but I never bother :roll:

Hey i understood ur peoples dream and would like to say that i myself had dreams where i felt the pain while seeing a falling dream, flying dream or meeting with an accident. But i wanted to knw if the pain u people felt was in the head, or the part u were hurting in the dream.How was the pain like, was it intense or normal. For me after the dream, wen i wake up things get normal and i dun feel any pain. I have also noticed that these kind of dreams come to me, wen i am in the state of stress.Do u people also get in the state of stress or ?? Hope my dreams r normal and nothing to worry about.

I’ve only felt pain in three of my dreams, the first one was when I was underwater and I couldn’t breathe IRL so I had that stuffy chest pain for a few seconds. The second one was when I was stabbed through the thigh with a large kitchen knife(ouch), this was my only really painful dream. Then the most recent one was in a nightmare when I was really sad and shocked about something when my mom’s bird started biting my finger (it was just a numb pain).

BTW a little off-topic but have you ever noticed how you don’t blink or get hungry/thirsty or need to breathe in a dream unless the situation triggers the response?

I had a nightmare wich a lot of people gathered around me and started cutting me into little pieces… it reaaaaally hurted!!

I think the only real pain I’ve felt in a dream was when I tried pinching myself as a RC which obviously didn’t work…

Also when I had this ridiculously long third person ND/LD. Gave me a major headache near the end of the dream and when I woke up.

I had a vary long absolutely wondefull dream tonight… sadly it involved me getting stabbed twice though :wink:

It hurt soooo bad… It was horrible. The sensation disappeared pretty soon after though, and during the rest of the dream I felt fine. It was really strange… the pain just gradually disappeared.

I feel pain in my dreams, and it hurts a lot, the pain will still be there when I wake up, if I wake in the middle of the dream. If I become lucid in the middle of a nightmare, I will still be scared as I know it will hurt if the monster/alien catches me :o(
Everything I feel in my dreams is a real to me as real life, heat, cold, being tired, thirsty, touch, sound, colour etc.

I’ve had a few dreams where I’ve killed myself out of desperation to get out of what I was about to do. Usually it’s VERY desperate. Like, one time I stabbed myself but I didn’t die quick enough so I ran in front of a few cars… xD It was kind of comical. But to the point, any pain I feel is usually pressure. Like, when I’ve stabbed myself I’ve felt a lot of pressure. Kind of like, if a doctor numbs you with something and stitches you up or does some kind of surgery you’d feel some crazy pressure, but not so much pain. I would presume anyone who’s had a C-section would know this feeling.

I don’t get much pain in dreams. Mostly it’s sort of toned down. For example, I might fall on my face and just sort of think, “Oh dear. I have fallen on my face. Ouch.” On the rare occasion that something really hurts me in a dream, it’s a burning type of pain, regardless of what’s causing it.

I was puled by the hair in a dream, recently. It hurt bad!

I have only felt pain in non lucid past life dreams. At least, I like to think they are past life dreams. Of course if we don’t live again, then I don’t know WHY I felt pain in the dream lol.

On my first LD (very memorable) I was trying out all my uber awesome powers , I flew around my house and then towards the big hill behind my house full of jagged rocks , I knew that it couldnt hurt me, so I let myself drop, I plummeted down , tumbling over and over , It just felt like the rocks pushed in on me , but didnt hurt or break the skin , man it was awesome, next time I’m making a fool out of Neo…

I once had a strange dream about war. I lost my leg in exposion. It didnt hurt, and i was able to move my leg! That was great, i standed my leg and jumped back to my body. Weird, but cool. Btw I dont remember to feel any pain in dream, if it doesnt exists in reality.

I’ve yet to have a successful Lucid Dream (I just started), but what if I were to get my arm chopped off by a samurai in my dream and I felt pain? :sad: I’m scared now.

I don’t feel pain in dreams, I don’t allow it.

The only time I can recall feeling pain in a dream is when a cat dug its claws into my back, and that pain was so incredibly dull that I hardly even noticed it. :tongue: Falling about 10 feet through a trapdoor and shooting myself did not produce any pain at all. Not that I’m complaining… :wink:

Haven’t been shot yet in a dream, but I did get cut by a lightsaber.
I was lucid so, I decided not to mind the cut and there was no pain :sleep:

haha… you never know if you get too good IRL you may find when you cut yourself you won’t feel that pain either… and despite how it may have it’s upsides… it’s definately a problem! That is, reality-fantasy worlds blending together in your mind… it’s possible, yes?

Well, I definetly wouldn’t want to loose a finger or two and not notice it at all :happy:
Although I doubt it that someone could loose the sense of pain completely… :eh:

I doubt it’s a likely thing… but that’s not to say it can’t happen. These sort of practices may seem harmless, but done incorrectly, too much or by a person in the wrong state of mind could alter their reality enough for this to happen, sadly… it’d depend very much on the person though and any illnesses they may have as well.