Odd words in dreams

lol that sounds like a slang word for masturbation

[mod]usage removed to keep the post within forum guidelines :moogle: [/mod]

:happy: Hey! I thought something sorta the same :lol:

:lol:

Augsus- In my dream it referred to one of several large copper chambers surrounding an ancient tomb, each is sealed airtight and has a crude illustration engraved onto the lid…Weird huh? :confused:

Another weird word… Quoting my own DJ:

Also, the name of the mountains I supposedly have to go to find my Guardian Spirit: Yoge Mountains

“Cij’e” and “Ouju” as scents. (It was a recent post in my DJ…too lazy to post link or details.)

“rubbers day” in this morning’s dream was apparently referring to bubble wrap. :eh:

On the topic of scents, there was one particularly vivid dream I had last year that included a bottle of perfume labelled “Apollo”. :content:

A few nights ago I remembered a dream in which the sentence “Quornilous jellied bees” played a prominent role.

I don’t think quornilous is an actual word, but it really should be.

It meant something like ‘sage, wise, occult or magical’. I imagine that this may have been a dream-corruption of the name ‘Cornelius’, as I have always considered that name to have similar connotations.

I once had a dream back in seventh grade , that my math teacher said “today we’re learning about centennial numbers!” , I never heard that word before , and I think it has something to do with 100’s , because cent is 100 in french , and century is 100 years.

This is interesting. Its never happened as just a word before, but one time I woke up saying the sentence (in my head) The fifth incarnation of Buddha.

I didn’t even know Buddha incarnated but apparently Hindus believe that he has incarnated ten times. Each incarnation has a lesson to learn from it. I think they are more like fables.

The fifth incarnation of Buddha teaches about money and being greedy. The strange thing about it is that I have huge problems with money. So I’ve tried to learn from it. I figured that was the reason it was given to me.

i cba to read the read of the topic and go back to quote this, but “bivalent” is the chemical terminology for an ion that has to share or swap 2 electrons in order to exist.

oxygen, sulphate, and magnesium are all examples.

Gah, thank you for reminding me. Except not.
I had a dream somewhat recently where I heard a word. It was somebody’s… last?.. name, and I remember it seeming of dire importance. When I woke up, I rushed to my computer and Googled it. No results, of course. But now I can’t remember the name so I can ask my subconscious. >_<

My dream of last night included a ‘‘green bean counter’’. It looked like some sort of mace. :eh:

After a while I realized that it’s also something to do with biology which I don’t remember exactly, possibly something about chromosomes pairing up in meiosis? I dunno, school’s over now and I no longer need to remember such things.

Anyway, I just got back from a week-long mission trip type thing to Tennesee. We went to sleep at midnight on friday, got up at five this morning, and were driving home by five thirty.

Well, I tried to go to sleep at least a little (I pretty much can’t fall asleep uless everything is dark and quiet and not involving me being shoved in a van), and most of what I managed was a bunch of little five-minute sleep fragments. In one of them I dreamed that I was standing in front of the house our group had been repairing, and this kid J was telling me that they had a Giraticute on their porch.

A Giraticute. It was pronounced with the soft G sound like “Girondist” and probably some other French words I don’t remember at the moment, and in the context of the dream it meant “a gargoyle that looks like a cat.” :eh:

i think, in dreams, the meaning in the dream is more important that the actual syllables of the word.

For some reason that sounds to me like it’s the name of a Pokemon. :lol:

Anyway, since Rodrigo asked so nicely, my latest addition to this topic is the “Blowworm”, a strange lopsided/twisted insect with severely hampered movement. I’m not sure whether all blowworms were supposed to look like that, or whether this particular one had just been severely mutated, but I had to feel sorry for the poor thing. :sad:

Hmmm this may not apply to the topic, but the other night I met a girl whose nickname was “ChanChan” :happy: It has japanese pronounciation.

“Reamunnition” meaning “Resupply”

I love this one:

A few days ago my dream contained a ‘foreign language’, which was really just English written backwards. I realised this straight away, but everybody else was dense and insisted it was foreign. I came across a cinema showing an R-rated (highest rated) ‘foreign’ movie, the title of which was “dnoceS a ma I”, which is obviously “I am a Second” backwards and made no sense whatsoever.

“Putililies” or something similar. It was a school’s name o_o