What does being 'in love' feel like?

[color=indigo]I agree with Nico’s suggestion of a letter, but if she’s already said she wouldn’t give you a chance (which I believe you mentioned she did), don’t set your heart too firmly on her. You don’t want it broken.

If she still won’t consider getting to know you, you can’t dwell on her. It may feel now like you’ll care for her always, but you’ll be able to forget about her if you set yourself in a different direction. You’ve got your whole life ahead of you… you’ll find the right person.[/color]

I second that.

You dont want a broken heart

i asked her to go out with me and he said that she will think about it. its not a yes but its a start i cant wait to find out. im going into town with one of her m8s to buy her something (if she says yes) she doesnt no that i am i want to know that she likes me first and i will hav more money by then.

ah, i missed that little part of his post. Linko and Petter are right, you definitely dont want to get your hopes up too high. i still believe that its important to tell people how you feel though, otherwise you get used to bottling them up, and that can have terrible consequences.

you will most likely love again and again.

also (just a suggestion) be careful with buying her things. you dont want her to get the wrong idea, you know? im not saying that she would, or that you shouldnt do sweet things for the special person in your life…maybe just start with flowers or a drawing :wink:

be a little wary of girls raidan, i love them as much as the next…urm…girl-loving individual (yea, thats it), but your trust is to be EARNED.

[color=indigo]Sorry, the movie reference was irresistable.[/color]

Good luck, raidan. I hope everything goes well.

ive been waiting for 1 week now for her to give me the answer if we are going out or not i dont want her to feel that im perserising her to give me the answer before she is ready and i could wait my whole life if i had 2 cause it would be worth it in the end but it been 1 week now i mean how long does it take shes had 7 days. now im having dreams everynight about her saying no and im mstarting to wonder if its a good thing or not. i need to be with her if im going out with her or not and even if she does say no it wont make any diffence to how i feel about her.and the dreams got me thinking wot if shes says no do i just forget about her im not sure that i could do that even though i know i will hav 2.

plz can i have some advice on this plz

I cant help you man :sad:

Follow youre heart !

Ive been in some of the same streets myself :meh:

1 Word aint mentioned here

Hell

Love can feel like hell if it strikes wrong (id say ive experiansed that)

im still waiting 4 her to answer me its been about a week now i still love her and always will but HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION ITS A YES OR NO ANSWER TRUST ME TO FALL IN DEEP LOVE WITH A BLONED GIRL FOR GODS SHAKE. how do i get an answer without pushing her it to it i mean she cant like me that much or it would a yes with no thinking at all.

plz can i have some advice on this plz i dont want to mess this up its just to specal

Love Is Special, Treat It With Respect & Never Rush It.
sometimes the begining is the most important part ever!

I have never felt anything, to me love is incredibly rigid and none of the relationships ive had with the girls in my highschool was ever more than… mathematical and cold… am I unable to feel anything for anyone, or I just haven’t found real love yet?

I have a friend in my class who had his mind totally screwed up by this girl who was totally uninterested in him. He was a good friend of mine but he was simply no longer the same. Now that he’s over it, he realizes how weird it felt and how devoid of rationality he was. Kinda weird… probably feels like being drunk.

I still think my greatest fear is being unable to feel any real feelings.

As a bit of advice, don’t take love as being something you “have to do” for society, or to prove something to your friends. Love is just love, it’s yours.

Very well said, Metabog. It’s not about what others think, and you shouldn’t rush into a relationship just because you think you’re old enough to be in one. You’ll know when you’re starting to fall for someone, and if it takes a while for you to meet the right person, then all you can do is wait. People seem to think they’re expected to date members of the opposite sex as soon as they hit sixteen, as though it would be seen as a failure on their part to remain single at that age. It just seems backwards to me. You shouldn’t try to establish or strengthen your relationship after you’ve started dating. Instead, you should only start dating when you both realize you feel strongly for the other person, and have a lot in common with them. Love can’t be created on demand, and you’re going to experience your fair share of break-ups if you try to make something work with a person who isn’t right for you.

Just my old fashioned opinion, I guess.

[color=indigo]I’m sorry to say so, but it sounds like she’s ignoring you. Try confronting her with something to the effect of “You haven’t given me an answer yet, please just tell me if you’re uninterested.” You may have to face the music.

On a personal level, let me share that if your fantasies are crushed, you’ve got a responsibility to yourself and to this girl to take heart and start anew. There’s a girl I know who was quite infatuated with me… in truth, she was a great annoyance to me, but I still tried to be nice to her. She mistook my friendliness for romantic persuasion and developed a full blown crush. Her situation and yours are quite similar; she’d write in her live journal about we two were perfect together, that she had dreams about me, that her love was eternal and forever, et cetera.

Well, as nice as I was, I wasn’t going to try and form a relationship with a girl I just didn’t click with. I let her down as gently as I could, but she held on like a stuborn gila monster. She just wouldn’t give up on me, constantly begging me to accept her and never leaving me alone. She’s pretty much backed off by now, but the ordeal was really stessful for me.

What I’m trying to say is that if this girl rejects you, you’ve just got to let her go. If she’s made up her mind, any attempts to convince her otherwise is just going to annoy her, and it’s not like you’re doing yourself any favors. You need to start the day with all fantasies about her out of your mind, no thoughts whatsoever about “maybe there’s still a chance.” Act like you never met her or you were never interested in her… I’m sure if feels now like you’ll never find anyone like her, but you’ll find the right person eventually, so you’ve got to get up and move on. It might hurt a little, but time will heal things.[/color]

Yes. You’re not “expected” to do anything. :wink:

i got the answer and it was no. ive been trying to think of wot i do now i still love her but everythings changed weve been arguing for about 1 week now and weve both said some nasty things. But even after all this i still love her so im going to take you advice and leave it cause i keep on going after her it could distroy wot little there is left of me.

ive been trying to put it into words the way i feel about the girl i love and now ive done it for me, its every moment your mind has free time your thinking about the person. You don’t see her for a day you’re missing her, and even when you do see her dring the day it always seems like it wasn’t enough time spent together. You burn for physical contact, I can’t believe shes real, something so beautiful can’t be real. You burn for return feelings, for discussion, for interaction. And most imprtantly shes perfect, not as in some impossible to fill ideal created by man, but in your standards, and as a human shes perfect. Also shes so beautiful its like looking at the stars, you can make a second last an eternity. And you never get sick of being with her. That is how it is with her but i dont know if anything could ever happen with me and her but even after wot happened i still feel the same about her i want to forget but i cant. My m8s are always telling me that i will find someone else but there is on one else like her she is all i want i dont care about anything and else and arguing with her is killing me i cant stand it. She told me that she hopes a die, i mean something like that well i dont cry ever but when she told me that i came very close i was lucky i had one of my m8s with me. Iive been thinking wot if i tell her how i feel would it make any diffrence.

Advice Plz

I hope I read that right. She said she hopes you die? What could possibly possess you to want to pursue anything with a person who says that to you? You need to get your head out of the clouds. She is a bitch, and the sooner you realize that, the better off you are. What you have for her is obsession, and it’s not healthy. She sounds emotionally abusive for saying the things she does, and you sound masochistic for putting up with it. Listen to your friends. You’ll find somebody else. Don’t start bad habits at a young age. Don’t let girls walk all over you. Don’t settle for less than you deserve. You wanted advice and here it is: It’s time to move on. Forget about her. She is not worth your time. :smile:

Sno has a good point, there. Now, I can understand what you feel, based on empathy and the experience of once having been in your very place. Emotions are just emotions, no matter how deep they run. As for obsession, that is a very dangerous thing, and most don’t even acknowledge the fact that they are obsessed just because they have become so blind-sighted over what they feel.

Just based on how you put it, it seems as if you only love with your eyes. It’s all too easy to do that, but do you know her well? Do you know anything about her personality, and not just on the surface, but even to a deeper level? As harsh and untrue as this may sound, I don’t think it is true love at all.

And I have once felt what you feel now.

I couldn’t give up my emotions; they were just too strong, and all too sweet. There was no way that I could possibly see myself letting go, I tried my hardest to hold on as tight as I could, only to find that in the end it doesn’t matter. Eventually, time takes it’s toll, and it all fades away into nothing but a distant memory.

I sincerely hope that none of that sounded harsh, or that I was being rude to you in any way, this is just my take on it. :content:

Trust me: you will find somebody else. It may not seem like it at some points, but throughout your life you will interact with countless people. Don’t let one person stay on your mind forever.

Dear lord. She told you to die? Do NOT put up with that. That is absolute garbage. I mean honestly. What a neo-Nazi bitch. You really need to get over this one. This is not healthy at all, and nothing you do or say at this point can change ANYTHING. Telling her you like her when she hates you would do absolutely nothing to spark an attraction between you two. Let this one die, keep your head up, and get over this one. I know that I’m being a little harsh, but I mean, you really need to move on.

i got talking to her again and then it all went wrong when someone else wrote her a letter and said that it was from me. She had a go and now im trying to find out who wrote it i know who give it to her but im not sure who wrote it. im going to try and get over her like you siad i would be better with out her it will be hard to do but i cant live like this any more. i still love her but im hoping that that will go with time. thx for all your advice and if i ever need anymore help i will go on this forum thx…