Dreams revisited

I am new to this forum. I was inspired to search about lucid dreams because of a few particularly bizarre dreams that I had recently. I have a question.

Have any of you experienced that you can wake up, get a glass of water, take a leak or whatever and then go back to sleep and fall right back into the same dream? This happened to me last night and it was totally bizarre but also pleasurable because it was a good dream I was falling back into.

That used to happen to me when I was younger, but not latley. Some people can do this by incubating a dream, and this is called dream re-entry(i think). Welcome to the forum, btw.

I recently started on a medication called Remeron. One of the side effects is vivid dreams. Since starting this med I have had the most vivid dreams of my life, including the most horrifying nightmares I’ve ever experienced. I guess when ya start mucking around with the brain chemistry all sorts of crazy stuff can happen.

If this happens often you should give Pedro’s VILD technique a try. I haven’t had much success with it myself, but you might.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this technique is called Dream Re-entry or Dream Chaining. And yes, it’s quite common and can be had accidentally.

Yep, visualizing should work very well in situations like this.