What Book Are You Currently Reading?

I loved reading 1984, it’s a great book.

I’m reading The Dead Zone right now, so far it’s surprisingly good. Some of Stephen King’s books are not really my cup of tea, but The Dead Zone is really different. It’s interesting and entertaining… I like it.

I’m reading:

Neil Gaiman - Stardust
Rick Strassman - DMT: The Spirit Molecule
Alan Watts - The Philosophies of Asia
Lao tzu - tao te ching
Hasse Alfredsson - Lagens långa näsa
Kouyu Shurei - Alichino
Yukito Kishiro - Gunnm

Yes, taoism is quite amazing. I just started reading davinci code

I loved that book, Contage. I hope you enjoy it. I just started reading Carlos Casteneta’s The Fire From Within

Yeah, I read Angels and Demons, hopefully Davinci Code rox just as much

The Collector by John Fowles

And I’ve been skimming through a collection of “Get Fuzzy” comics but I’ve only mildly laughed twice, the jokes seem to keep repeating themselves…

Im trying to reread silmarillion (the book before lotr) :smile:

Update:

• A Ordem Natural das Coisas — António Lobo Antunes

• Toques de Alma: um Olhar Feminino — Adília Belotti

• The Holy Qur’an

• Maus — Art Spiegelman

• Poetics—How to make verses — Vladimir Vladimirovitch Maiakovski
    Maiakovski was a poet of the Russian Revolution, and a fantastic person. In his Poetics, far from teaching one how to make poetry, he describes his service, his life… Fantastic book. It really struck me, to see how a person could face poetry the way he does, as a service you do for the government, for the revolution. Maiakovski (futurist), along with Marina Tsvietaieva (reformist), Dostoievski (realist) and Zamiatine (against the USSR), is a must–read of the Russian Literature.
    [/quote]

I’ve just started The DaVinci Code. So ar I like it :smile:

:yes: good book

TYoy know it ends with [size=75]Bla[/size] [size=59]blah blah[/size]

So you read this ? Wanting to know eyh ? :tongue:

Home for Christmas by Anita Steinsfeild…just finished it yesterday…and started yesterday :tongue: lol…

I finished The Dead Zone, having a go at “The Left Hand of Darkness” now, by Le Guin. Anyone read it? It’s supposed to be something of a sci-fi classic, it won some awards and stuff… a friend recommended it to me, so I’m reading it now. So far, I like it. It’s weird, definitely weird, but interesting nonetheless.

Just finished The Da Vinci Code for the first time (great book). Tomorrow I’ll start reading The 13th Element: A Sordid Tale of Murder, Fire, and Phosphorus. I’m in my happy place. :smile:

I’ve finally started ‘Larry’s Party’…it’s funny in a very ordinary way :content:

I recently finished reading Flow My Tears the Policeman Said and A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick

Im not sure what I will be reading next, another topic here makes me want to read On the Road by Kerouac again, but Sartre seems to be calling my name. Im not sure which way Im going to go.

Any suggestions?

I’m reading The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. I have to read it for English at school, and so far every book we’ve read in English I’ve liked. At first it sounded like a dumb book but it’s really cool. The little girl Turtle looks (half her face is on the front cover) and acts just like me when I was her age, three years old. Not to mention her REAL name is April, just like me. AND she was a adopted, just like me. So I <3 the book. Ya’ll should check it out. :balloon:

First day school was out (today), I started John Grisham’s The Firm. Couldn’t put it down until about page 200.

Jonathan Stranga & Mr Norell by Susanna Clarke
A fantasy novel from 2004 I think. So it’s quite new.
I enjoy reading it, it’s not like the usual fantasybook, this is more like a book that tries to describe history by a fictionstory since the book contain a lot of footnotes with “information”.

Nearly every time I go shopping at my local Price Chopper, I take a look at the shelf which displays New York Times Bestsellers. Most of the time, I glance and look through some of the books there; sometimes with a longing to buy one and read it, sometimes not. I stumbled upon a novel by a familiar author; Dan Brown. I already have The Da Vince code, read it twice, and have enjoyed it both times. Curious to read more of his work, I decided to read some of the prologue of Deception Point. It sucked me in; and for once, I didn’t have to rely on persuading my mother to do so much as buy a book. :roll: I had my own money with me, allowing me to buy that, along with a pack of Gummy worms, which I selflessly gave to my sister, who had a bad sunburn. :content:

Bottom line? I’ve already started to read it, and I love it so far! Since I never like to write book summaries, read it yourself. :read:

Not being a fan of Dan Brown whatsoever, Im reading:

Freedom from the Known by Krishnarmurti

Ive read it before, but the book is challenging, not in symbols/diction but in his call for us to radically change how we view the world around us and ourselves. He asks us to closely examine what it means to be free from our own expectations about ourselves and others.

Its extremely enlightening if approached with an open mind.