The Big Cat Lover and Dog Lover topic

This was Techcodreamers idea. But I thought it would be more intrusive to merge them together.
Also anyother animal lovers are wellcome to post.

I’ve got 5 cats. 2 neutered males and 3 neutered females. They all have their own personalities.

Lucky is the dominant cat. Then Trouble (the young male) and Felix are joint second.

Dotty looks like a white pom pom with a few black dots. But you have to be cautious if you go near her wearing dark colours, because her fur makes anything black look like it’s got a white lines pattern on it! :cool_laugh:

I have a Shih-Tzu named Reese :grin: He’s “gold with a black mask” as the dog savvy people would put it. In other words, he’s tan with a black face. He has longer legs than most shih tzus, but I think he looks a little better proportioned like that.

I don’t have any cats; our family has had very bad experiences with them. However, I think that cats are very pretty… but in my opinion don’t seem to be the greatest pets :bored: They’re always biting and scratching and never seem to want to be around you… Maybe it’s just my experiences?

/ds

I don’t know many cats prone to biting or scratching people, except those that were tormented as they grew up. I had a cat for 15 years, and like most of those I’ve known, she was mild-mannered and friendly. More so towards the end of her time, but that’s to be expected.

I don’t think I’ll ever own a pet again though.

I have one dog. Her name is Nikki. :content: She is Boxer. My sister and I got her for our Christmas present, but I think my dad bought it so he could have one too so it was kinda of his present in secret too.

Lately, I feel very close to her. She seems to be able to sense a lot of stuff so she is special. :wink: I love her. I’m like her in a way… full of love and trust. I miss her. :crying: I live in apartment right now and she’s still over there at home. :crying:

At least I will get to see her again over this weekend. :biggrin:

Aw Dm7 I’m afraid that when I leave to go to college my cat will get mad at me because I’m his mommy!
I have 7 cats living in my house. 2 belong to my sister. My cat Peach Anne is a boy and he has really huge eyes llike an alien and he’s all black and small like a kitten. Sometimes he flips out and starts running around and attacking his own tail. I’ve had him ever since my aunt didn’t want him anymore because he was too crazy which is about 4 or 5 years. He is just like me, really hyper and weird and is the smallest in the family but the craziest. I think he really is an alien like in that disney movie… :confused: :tongue:

Ok! Well i sure Do like this topic :slight_smile: GreAt idea moogle and/or Techcodreamer :content:

Just simply looking at my nicknane, u can obviously see that I Andra aka Kat am an absolute CAt lover!!! :grin: I am proud to say that i have a kitty. Her name is Baby :wiske: I will neVer 4get the day i got her…

I was just sitting there watching tv on August 14th, 2002. All of a sudden my mom comes in and she is oddly facing the other way…not looking at me as she is comming in. I thought that to be a bit weird but ignore it. Then, slowly she turns around…what does she have in her arms?! a very small ball of fluff that is a greyish, blackish, sort of mix color!!! I looked closer and then realized that it was the cutest, smallest, fuziest, and prettiest Kitty i have EvEr seen in my life!!! She walks up to me and hands me the fluffy kitty. I literally freAked and was in schock! I was speechless!! :eek: I was like this 4 about a minute. Then i looked up at my mom and asked her if Rodica(mom’s friend) was there…she has lots of kittens and i thought she was over our house. My mom said no. I asked her whos cat it was…she said “yours”. I froze 4 another second then i got up…and ran around the house yelling and screaming for absolutel and udder joy!! I was estatic! I couldnt believe what just happened and what i was actually holding in my hands! …something i had wanted ALL of my life, i was holding in my arms @ That moment! I barged in my brothers room and showed him the bundle of fuzz ^_^. I was jumping around so much the poor fuzzy baby didnt know what was happening with her lol Aw… :neutral:

I remember it like it was yesterday :smile: Baby is now a year and a half old now :smile:…and skinny as hell LoL!

May all the ppl that have a special pet in their life experience the joy of having something close to their heart ^_~

Has anyone else noticed how some cats…mostly the tabby ones have ‘eye-like’ markings noticable above their closed eyes as they lie there sleeping.

I love it, I guess its to give the impression to other animals that the cat may still be awake…eyes wide open, ready to pounce at a split-second notice.

Have a look!

My kitties:

Profile : Foggy
12 years old
female
biscuit coloured tabby.

She started her life out as a bit of an oddball. She was a stray kitten handed in to the local vet. I just happen to fall in love with her straight away (as you do). The thing that was weird about her was…she could only go left. She was only able to walk around in circles going in the same anti-clockwise direction. Thankfully this only lasted a couple of weeks before she was able to walk normally. I always wondered what the heck could have made her begin life as a ‘Lefty’. That was her name b.t.w. until I changed it to ‘Foggy’, to go with our other cats at the time; ‘Misty’ and ‘Smokie’. She’s still got a few lives left yet.

Profile : Eerie
Almost 1 year old
female
seal-point tabby
Manx X.

She is the most gorgeous cat ever. She has a fluffy mane, like a lions and a stumpy tail about an inch long. She has a habit of sucking on towels. If you are wearing one she will stand up on her hind legs, hug your leg and suck on the towel. Other than that she is a well mannered kitty. She hates tinned food!

Profile : Alegra
Almost 1 year old
female
seal-point
Manx X.

She’s the sexy one. She has the darkest face and her eyes are big, shiny and dark. She also has a dark underbelly. She adores cuddles! I think she may be having kitties of her own! Since she has been in heat, she started to be jealous of the other two sisters, she has moments where she will pursue and attack them, Tricksy especially. She has a stumpy tail like Eerie! She also likes sleeping inside the tumble dryer if you leave the door open accidentaly.

Profile : Tricksy
Almost 1 year old
female
seal-point
Manx X.

She is tiny! She was the runt of the litter. She is also extremely crazy. She wouldn’t be out of place in The Addams Family! When she runs it is extremely funny to watch as she kicks both her legs out to one side…probably some manx defect. When she was about 6 weeks old, one of my dogs bit her in the face and messed up one of her eyes. It was bleeding and was very yukky to look at for about 2 weeks. The eye has almost totally come back to normal except the retina had been detatched, she now has a very slight rotation of the eye in the socket…it is hard to see but it is constantly twitching. She is my sooky baby cat. She hardly ever leaves the house. She has no tail whatsoever!

All 3 of the manx’ are sister, if you hadn’t guessed. All 3 of them are tree-climbers. They love climbing trees, the higher the better! I swear they are cross bred with koalas.

The most cats I have ever had at a time is 4.

Fey~

I’ve had cats on and off all my life. My family had some cats before I was born so I was brought up to treat them properly. Eventually they all died. :sad: and we had about 4 years without any cats but we had a dog.
Then when I was 17 my mum spotted a mouse in the house. So my dad let us get another kitten. :happy:

Charlie(female) settled in, but within a year she had 4 kittens, which we found very good homes for them. Before they were given away if she wanted to have time for herself she used to get the dog to “babymind” the kittens…she used to just bring him into the room and disappear!

When I got married I left her behind, it wouldn’t have been fair to move her especially as I wasn’t at home all day and our house was on a main road.

Then my children arrived and it’s difficult to know what little toddlers are upto all the time…so she still remained at my parents. By the time my youngest was old enough to treat pets well. Charlie had died aswell! :sad:

I’ll continue the tale later…I promise it will get happier!
I think Atheist will end up with another pet eventually…I think he won’t be able to say no when the right opportunity arises. :wiske:

I love cats but iam allergic to them :cry: thats why i have 2 tame ants…Billy and Frodo. They walk around in small boxers and wear baseball hats on top. :content:
They always cheer me up!

Jeff

But how do you know they are alway the same two ants…they may be using your home as a holiday time share. :cool_laugh:

BTW Isn’t there a weird breed of cat that has no fur?
My eldest son is allergic to the fur of two of the cats because they have a different texture to the others. But he can’t resist giving them attention and then he’s got a very ticklely nose etc.

Well I know Moogle because i glued their baseball hats to their head!
Billy has a red basball hat and Frodo a blue basball hat :tongue:

Mmm because i have cystic fybrosis, animals (except humans when washed properly) are not so good for my health :cry:

But indeed a cat with no fur comes closest then! :wink:
I buy myself some robot pets lol hehe with remote control even!

Jeff

Don’t worry Jeff, when I come over I’ll put Peach Anne in a space suit so his hairs can’t get out. :content:
I have 7 cats living in my house, two are my sisters who lives in the basement though. My favorite cat is Peach Anne. He is a tiny black guy with a white spot on his chest. People think he’s a kitten because he’s so small but he’s just the runt of the family I think.
He used to belong to my aunt and he came from out in the country. He was ferral and his mom taught him to be quiet so he almost never meows but when he does it sounds all funny and squeeky like a mouse. Once he got past the lathargic kitten stage and into the annoying kitten stage my aunt couldn’t stand him anymore so she gave him to us. He drove me nuts for about a year! I couldn’t stand him either for a long time but slowly we fell in love with each other. I have to say I like cats a lot better than kittens.
He is funny like a dog, he eats everything and wags his tail when he’s happy! That’s why the lady who found him used to call him “pup”.

Moogle…Devon Rex and Cornish Rex are the hairless kitties.

:wiske: I thought the Rex cats were the ones with very curly fur? I’ll have to look it up some time.

I prefer felines when they get past the kitten stage too. When they are young they get everywhere and are more likely to get themselves injured. I can’t understand the people who just like the cute kitten or puppy stage and then get rid of them and get another pet!!!

Ooh yeh, you are right…Hairless cats.

I think they are cute…still.

Hehe ok aydira! :wink: Peach Ann in a space suit :tongue:

Jeff

Thx for the hairless cats link Reality.Faillure I find them cute, hair or hairless :tongue:

Jeff

:cool_laugh: I keep imagining Peach Ann in a space suit! :rofl:

When my children were old enough, we got a male black kitten who unfortuneately died when he was two (I found out his mother died at same age so it was probably genetic). Then 6 months later we inherited Lucky. He was an overgrown kitten. A little bag of bones with fur sticking up all over…within a few weeks his fur went into condition and he filled out. He is really spoilt. He’s learnt how to sit on my knee without disturbing me when I.m watching TV, reading or playing playstation games…he knows not to block my view…and leaves my hands free to press the buttons. He has got on my knee so carefully while I have been playing I didn’t even notice! Recently he’s had two attempts to get on my knee when I’m on the laptop but he hasn’t developed the knack yet. But he will!

Hehehe, seems that cats are winning over dogs. :content:

One of my friends had like 15 cats! @_@ I got so itchy all over. I was getting sick from so many cats. I couldn’t go to her house anymore. I guess I’m allergic to cats too, but I REFUSE to admit it. :tongue: They are too cute for me to be kept away.

One cat is fine for me if I have a time limit with him/her or otherwise I’d have a nightmare allergic reactions…

But, now I’m not too certain about my tolerance with cats now since my allergies have been more senstive lately and my lungs are very PICKY too so I get affected way too easily now. Lucky, I’m fine with Nikki… a bit allergic, but she is short-haired dog so it doesn’t make me have a full-force allergy like cats do. Plus I can’t live in space suit all the time can I? :wink: Contact to contact is what counts most for me with Nikki. I really do love her and in spite of my allergy… I still love her. :wink: My allergy toward her isn’t as severe as I do with cats so I don’t mind sneezing few times. lol! She is soooooo cute! I miss her again already. :crying: I’m coming back over the weekend to visit her! :biggrin:

Pets are so great because they always listen to you, no matter what! They don’t prejudge you as well! They’re the best therpy! Don’t you agree? :happy:

hello dm7
I don’t think I would feel normal without at least one cat lurking in the background. At night there is normally at least one cat on the bed. One night I had Lucky infront of my legs, Trouble behind my knees, Cleo sleeping next to the bedroom wall and Felix actually sleeping behind my head on the pillow! :eek: My husband also managed to fit on the bed of course. They won’t sleep on his side of the bed because he moves about too much.