The Big Cat Lover and Dog Lover topic

I love cats but iam allergic to them :cry: thats why i have 2 tame ants…Billy and Frodo. They walk around in small boxers and wear baseball hats on top. :content:
They always cheer me up!

Jeff

But how do you know they are alway the same two ants…they may be using your home as a holiday time share. :cool_laugh:

BTW Isn’t there a weird breed of cat that has no fur?
My eldest son is allergic to the fur of two of the cats because they have a different texture to the others. But he can’t resist giving them attention and then he’s got a very ticklely nose etc.

Well I know Moogle because i glued their baseball hats to their head!
Billy has a red basball hat and Frodo a blue basball hat :tongue:

Mmm because i have cystic fybrosis, animals (except humans when washed properly) are not so good for my health :cry:

But indeed a cat with no fur comes closest then! :wink:
I buy myself some robot pets lol hehe with remote control even!

Jeff

Don’t worry Jeff, when I come over I’ll put Peach Anne in a space suit so his hairs can’t get out. :content:
I have 7 cats living in my house, two are my sisters who lives in the basement though. My favorite cat is Peach Anne. He is a tiny black guy with a white spot on his chest. People think he’s a kitten because he’s so small but he’s just the runt of the family I think.
He used to belong to my aunt and he came from out in the country. He was ferral and his mom taught him to be quiet so he almost never meows but when he does it sounds all funny and squeeky like a mouse. Once he got past the lathargic kitten stage and into the annoying kitten stage my aunt couldn’t stand him anymore so she gave him to us. He drove me nuts for about a year! I couldn’t stand him either for a long time but slowly we fell in love with each other. I have to say I like cats a lot better than kittens.
He is funny like a dog, he eats everything and wags his tail when he’s happy! That’s why the lady who found him used to call him “pup”.

Moogle…Devon Rex and Cornish Rex are the hairless kitties.

:wiske: I thought the Rex cats were the ones with very curly fur? I’ll have to look it up some time.

I prefer felines when they get past the kitten stage too. When they are young they get everywhere and are more likely to get themselves injured. I can’t understand the people who just like the cute kitten or puppy stage and then get rid of them and get another pet!!!

Ooh yeh, you are right…Hairless cats.

I think they are cute…still.

Hehe ok aydira! :wink: Peach Ann in a space suit :tongue:

Jeff

Thx for the hairless cats link Reality.Faillure I find them cute, hair or hairless :tongue:

Jeff

:cool_laugh: I keep imagining Peach Ann in a space suit! :rofl:

When my children were old enough, we got a male black kitten who unfortuneately died when he was two (I found out his mother died at same age so it was probably genetic). Then 6 months later we inherited Lucky. He was an overgrown kitten. A little bag of bones with fur sticking up all over…within a few weeks his fur went into condition and he filled out. He is really spoilt. He’s learnt how to sit on my knee without disturbing me when I.m watching TV, reading or playing playstation games…he knows not to block my view…and leaves my hands free to press the buttons. He has got on my knee so carefully while I have been playing I didn’t even notice! Recently he’s had two attempts to get on my knee when I’m on the laptop but he hasn’t developed the knack yet. But he will!

Hehehe, seems that cats are winning over dogs. :content:

One of my friends had like 15 cats! @_@ I got so itchy all over. I was getting sick from so many cats. I couldn’t go to her house anymore. I guess I’m allergic to cats too, but I REFUSE to admit it. :tongue: They are too cute for me to be kept away.

One cat is fine for me if I have a time limit with him/her or otherwise I’d have a nightmare allergic reactions…

But, now I’m not too certain about my tolerance with cats now since my allergies have been more senstive lately and my lungs are very PICKY too so I get affected way too easily now. Lucky, I’m fine with Nikki… a bit allergic, but she is short-haired dog so it doesn’t make me have a full-force allergy like cats do. Plus I can’t live in space suit all the time can I? :wink: Contact to contact is what counts most for me with Nikki. I really do love her and in spite of my allergy… I still love her. :wink: My allergy toward her isn’t as severe as I do with cats so I don’t mind sneezing few times. lol! She is soooooo cute! I miss her again already. :crying: I’m coming back over the weekend to visit her! :biggrin:

Pets are so great because they always listen to you, no matter what! They don’t prejudge you as well! They’re the best therpy! Don’t you agree? :happy:

hello dm7
I don’t think I would feel normal without at least one cat lurking in the background. At night there is normally at least one cat on the bed. One night I had Lucky infront of my legs, Trouble behind my knees, Cleo sleeping next to the bedroom wall and Felix actually sleeping behind my head on the pillow! :eek: My husband also managed to fit on the bed of course. They won’t sleep on his side of the bed because he moves about too much.

:cool_laugh: Just found this on internet.

A cat’s dictionary

Purring: Sound of a cat manufacturing cuteness.

Purrverse: Poem about a strange kitty.

Purranoia: The fear that your cat is up to something.

Human being: Automatic door opener for cats.

Purrpetual: Everlasting love for domesticated felines.

Purrson: A male kitty.

Purrpetual motion: A kitty playing

The following is quite long so I have just given a link.

www.ahajokes.com/ani009.html

Cute and humorous Moogle :smile:
I like it!

Jeff

My rogue’s photo gallery.

Dotty :rofl: Lucky

Felix :clap: Trouble :good: Cleo :eh: moogle

:thumbs: Now I can post photos. I made them small enough to use as avatars.

i just have to post this picture here. I took it when taking a walk on long island near bayshore. How cute is that? it is my wallpaper right now :smile:

aww Jeff, I feel your pain :cry: I too am allergic to cats, and they flare up my ashma and eczema, so no Cats for me any time soon. Too bad as they are my favorate pet animals. Hairless cats wont work for me, because it’s not the hair I’m allergic to, but the cats saliva, although it would be better in hairless cats because they wouldn’t be licking their hair clean all the time :wiske:

A snapshot taken by webcam (yukky) of my kitty cat ‘Tricksy’. She can sit on her butt, she has no tail because she is a freaky manx. She’s due to have kittens this week sometime…woohoo!!
Hopefully I can get cool piccies of them, hope I get to see them being born!

Fey~ :content:

Cute Fey! hehe Nice name also :happy:

Jeff

Cute cat! :biggrin:

Congrats on babies that are coming soon! :wink: I wish her all good luck!
Please let us know how it goes!