Movie Thread!

:confused:

I think hes refering to The Last Samuri (sp?)
yaah, didnt look very good :neutral:

EDIT: Like your avatar Kat :cool:

Looks alright, i said Tom Cruise movie as a joke, if that makes any sense :bored: .

Either way it looks like another war movie that has more then just guns, I dont know.

I just watched Kill Bill again(Bootleg), great movie :wink: Volume 2 is very tempting :cry:

I just rented the film, 28 Days Later and I just want to recommend it to anyone that hasn’t seen it yet. Some movies that I’m excited about this year include:

[b]1. Master And Commander

1. The Last Samuri

2. LOTR 3

3. The Passion

4. Elf

5. The one where Ashton Kutcher goes back in time to save his girlfriend[/b]

I know that I’ve missed a few but I’ll see those too.

I never heard of Master and Commander, the passion, and the last one with Ashton. Actually lately movies seem kinda of crappy. LOTR is released in December, same thing with the last Samuari.

This Elf movie looks odd, im not fully sure what to think. In a way i think dressing up Will Farrel in a Elf costume is genius, but im not sure where the movie can carry itself.

Gothika looked intresting, but im not fully sure with that one either. Im not sure about this Looney Tunes movie either, dont get me wrong i like Looney tunes, but ever since Space Jam, i lost all hope :sad: .

I have a set of new movies coming out like Troy and Alien Vs. Predator, that looks promising, or sounds like it atleast. Here’s another website for sneak peaks, just in case if your intrested. https://comingsoon.net/
And if you saw Matrix Revolution yet, check out the questions i had for that. :cool:

New to the forum but I can see myself spending plenty of time in this thread, movies rule.

To sum up my opinions on everything in the thread…

Yes, Kill Bill was a great movie, but no Pulp Fiction (maybe the best movie ever).

Donnie Darko is an awesome movie, it counfused me a little the first time but I think the main point of the ending is simple enough. We could probably spend forever analyzing this one though.

Matrix 3 was a let down. The only part I like was the ending, and most people think that was the worst part. Come to think of it, all the Matrix’s kinda sucked…

The Last Samurai looks like a kick ass movie. Maybe it’s just because I like Japanese/sword fighting, but the previews of this one looked real nice…

…but not as nice as Troy. Troy is going to win some serious awards whenever it comes out.

Plus, Passion will be a must see, as long as they include subtitles. It will be a good one no matter what, but who has the patience to watch a movie in a different language? I love controversial Jesus things, but please include subtitles with this movie Mel Gibson you idiot.

And finally, they have a real life (computer animated pets I believe) Garfield coming out next summer. I know, this isn’t going to be plotline of the century, but come on. Garfield + Odie + Jon Arbuckle + Jennifer Love Hewitt = ownage.

I’ll post in a couple days or so in this thread about movies that are currently out that I love.

Great, welcome to LD4all, and im pretty intrested in your future posts :happy:

Kill Bill is the new greatest movie in my book, although comparing it to Pulp Fiction is like comparing Apple with oranges. Yet Pulp Fiction was such a success, they had to release the film, so i guess i can understand your point :content:

Out of curiosity i bought Donnie Darko for 10$, lots of people from the internet told me it was good and weird, and its hard to follow. So after watching it about 2 times, im not fully sure with the ending. I asked my brother, he said that Darko had the power to change the future and such, and it led his past to his own demise. Hard to follow, but im not 100% of this movie yet, i have to watch it couple more times. Thats what i like about those kinda of movies, when i watch them again, its like watching them for the ffirst time again. :grin:

I was happy with Matrix 3, i was expecting a completely different story, but it ended all the movies well, that’s what i thought. But wheni think about it, i think they only made the other 2 b/c the first was so successful. So i guess the story wasn’t as strong or couldnt be with as good in short notice, so who knows :wink:

The last samurai looks very promising, i watched the full preview when i saw Revoultions, looks very good within a story and a movie. Not only that Tom Cruise barely makes flops for movies.

Troy does look like the new Gladitor, BraveHeart, or successful war movie for the year, i guess this is the kind of movie that already won all the awards .

Im not fully sure what passioni s, but ill check it out.

I just heard about Garfield, i love the comic and cartoon, but i think its a little to late for a movie. Atleast to late for me to go and pay honest dollars for it. Im sure its good, and the kids will love it :tongue:

I almost agree with you. Except I would say it is the greatest new movie, not the new greatest movie. Can’t wait for Volume 2. Tarantino is such an original director, if anyone else tried to make Kill Bill it would have been weak. And the anime part was really cool. I had to laugh a few times during this movie at all the blood.

I don’t understand what you were trying to say about Pulp Fiction. The two movies aren’t that different, and they were both by the same guy, so I think it’ fair to compare them. Pulp Fiction just has better character development.

spoilers for Donnie Darko

I believe the point of the ending was not that Donnie could control the future, but that the ghost of Frank helped him discover how to time travel by leading him to Grandma Death’s book. So Donnie realized all the bad things that could have been prevented by his death…his mom dying, Gretchen Ross dying, Frank dying, and other things I can’t think of off the top of my head. Basically he sacrificed himself for others, but at the same time that month that never truly happened except in his mind was the time of his life.

end spoilers

And Passion is a movie by Mel Gibson (I believe he is playing a minor role in the film) about Jesus Christ’s last 24 hours. It’s not going by the Bible though, which has already started a lot of controversy. I love this kind of stuff. But he is making it in Latin, and last I heard he was considereing not even having subtitles. That would be dissapointing.

That’s why you need a friend who supervises at the theater and can get you in for free. Sucker :puh:

sPOILER OFCOURSE…DONT READ****

Well, when i say apples and oranges, i mean these movies are completely different. One movie is about a boxer paid to loose a fight, that cross into paid mercs. And in the other hand we have a lady almost left to death at a chapel, that wants revenge between 6 assassins.

I guess they can releate to in a way, but [color=darkred]pulp fiction [/color]didnt have that cheesy affect as[color=darkblue] Kill Bill [/color]did. I think that was the idea of the movie, but i agree with the blood, it just looked to funny. But that was the idea, so like it or not :wink:

I was saying before that Pulp Fiction was as good as [color=darkblue]Kill Bill[/color], but better, b/c it was re-released into the movie theater. And they dont do that much to movies, only if there that successful.

Also, [color=darkred]Pulp Fiction [/color]had a whole movie to give great character development, Kill Bill hasnt even finished releasing there characters, or fully explaining them, even though they had more then enough time to do so.

So i think they different, but i can understand why they seem the same. Taratinos films always have some type of violence, or original story to control the audience. I guess the only movie that can differ from all the action packed violence, was [color=green]4 Rooms[/color]. I like that movie :content:

That movie Darko still has my confused, and that’s not normal, i usually understand it after watching it a couple of times. So his mom died? I didnt remember that, i have to watch this again, to get a better understanding. That movie is very complex

I would pay anything that Mel Gibson made, especially the story of Christ :wink: How is he gonna approach the story? or make one? Sounds interesting :content:

I do need, a free ride or way to enter the movies, i dont deserve this treatment :help:

Yeah, different movies, but still comparable just in the sense that they are Tarantino and they are violent.

Pulp Fiction is more of a classic, where Kill Bill is just fun to watch. But I love them both and can’t wait fo Volume 2.

I never heard about 4 Rooms, what’s it about? I should probably check it out.

Definitely watch Donnie Darko again, I think you’ll find it a lot less confusing.

And I don’t know anything about Passion that I’ve already said, except that it should be out in the spring.

I just finished watching Seven for the first time. Awesome, awesome movie. Instant top ten favorite movie. Brad Pitt is the man, and Kevin Spacey might have to be my favorite actor. I did the movie predictable, but that’s not always a bad thing.

4 Rooms is great, it has Tim Roth as the lead character, he’s a bellboy and has the whole hotel to himself. He has 4 rooms with unsual rich important people. Each room has something going on in it, i dont want to explain each room and spoil it or anything, but its worth watching. Its more of a comedy then anything else. It has a big Hollywood cast, yet every Taratino film has an Well known Holloywood cast.

Luckly i own Darko, so i’ll check it out again.

So before you watched Seven, did you know that Kevin Spacey was in it? B/c if you did, i can understand by predicitng the movie :wink: Other then that, the moive was sick, orginal, and great all in one. I only saw it a couple of times, but its a keeper :happy:

Just lately i bought Being John Malchovich, i have to say this movie was genius. Just to think of a portal into someone elses brain is genius, great story, dense comedy(dark), its just unique and entertaining throughout the whole movie. You havent seen this movie yet, its a must. You have to see it! :wink: I could just take this whole page up and describe my thoughts about this moive.

That’s it in my movie world, and one reminder X2 United was just released today :cool_laugh: , one of my favorites. To bad i have a hole in my pocket…seeya :wave:

I’ll be sure to check 4 rooms out, I thought Tarantino only had four movies out right now???

No, I had no clue that Spacey was in it. I was sooo happy when I saw him walk into the police station. Spacey plays so good in these roles. American Beauty is definitely one of my favorites of all time, and Seven isn’t far behind.

Have you seen the Usual Suspects?

Haven’t seen Being John…I’ll give it a try though.

I know I’m bad, but I have had X2 for about a month. It’s a bit blurry and has Japanese subtitles, but it’s still cool. They better make a third one, and not take too long.

Have any of you seen ‘Before Sunrise’ by director Richard Linklater, who also did Waking Life and a couple of other movies? It is one of the best ‘romances’ I have seen. At least I thought so when I watched it by accident a while ago. I just ordered the dvd from America (hasn’t been released on dvd in Germany) and am looking forward to watching it again.

It is basically just a guy and a girl who meet in Europe and spend the day in Vienna, getting to know each other… But of course they know they will probably not see each other again cause he’ll leave for America and she for Paris the next day.
It is not really one of those typical romances. It is just two people meeting and talking for an hour and a half about all kinds of stuff while they walk through Vienna. I really liked the character development and such.

Before I forget - the two of them appear in one scene in Waking Life. Remember that scene where a girl and a guy are in bed, talking about how long the brain stays active after clinical death? That’s them. :smile:

Supposedly a sequel is due for 2004, which by itself would sound bad (cause the ending is really not a big cliche and should maybe have been left alone), but knowing that Linklater will do it I am actually looking forward to it. I loved Kill Bill, too. Watched it twice. So take this from a guy who loved Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs: Although entirely different from anything Tarantino does, ‘Before Sunrise’ is similar in its different approach to overused topics. :smile:

https://www.dvd.net.au/goto.cgi?https://www.dvd.net.au/review.cgi?review_id=3247

If you guys want to see something that will truly mess with your head, I suggest you check out George Lynch’s ‘Eraserhead.’ That is one of the freakiest pictures I have ever seen. Talk about surreal. The whole movie is like being stuck inside of a nightmare. Truly a masterpiece, but if you don’t like horror, much less older B films, it’s probably not for you. I only suggest this because this is a dream site and figured it would fit in nicely. I do like other genres, of course. I’m a fan of love stories, drama, comedy, you name it.

I kinda missed a bunch of the middle of this movie so I couldn’t really get into it. It seemed kinda cool, but when you really think about it it’s just another cheesy version of Resident Evil.

I haven’t seen eraserhead or before sunrise, but I’ll keep them in mind if I need something to rent someday.

Most recently watched movie: Natural Born Killers. I’ve read some reviews of this movie and it seems either you love it or you hate it. I loved it. A Quentin Tarantino story made by Oliver Stone…what’s not to love? NBK has become an instant favorite of mine.

true romance and natural born killers were one script, originally. technically nbk picks up where true romance should have left off.

I guess I forgot to mention that Eraserhead is VERY hard to find. It is out of print, but usually available on ebay. There may be some video stores that have copies of it. There aren’t any near where I live though. Good luck finding it.

Whoa, i never knew that. I knew taratino did both stories, but i didnt know they were one orginal story. Thats cool, b/c if it was one movie it would make some kind of sense. Just the difference between the both is Mickey and Mallory are really f*&$%# in the head, i guess just giving True Romance a nice ending was a better idea, b/c in True Romance they kinda of make the characters innocent and such. And there forced with the choices that they made, but then again its just a movie :content:

Oliver Stone was very ‘liberal’ when he made the script into a movie. I don’t know how much that applies to the director who did true romance, but it makes me wonder, how much both of those guys changed from the original plot/s cause it doesn’t really add up too much anymore. Tarantino was kind of disappointed about nbk, dunno how he felt about True Romance. I still like both movies… nbk did get on my nerves, though, the last time I watched it.

It is available on DC ++. Of course I couldn’t get a good enough connection to download it.

And I guess I’ll have to watch True Romance now.

[color=red]
This topic is locked!
Part 2 can be found Here
[/color]