Sleeping with stuffed animal = better dreams!

I’m a 17-year old duud and yes, I sleep with a stuffed animal… :eek: don’t make fun. :tongue: I believe it makes my dreams better. Can anyone else back this up?

:eek:

Well, if you think it helps… I may try a monkey my friend gave me at the Chinese Year of the Monkey. :eh:

All in the name of science… :grin:

Haha, that’s the idea :grin:

Mr. Fluffy has a purpose in life–FINALLY! :happy:

Well… it’s not a FACT that sleeping with a stuffed animal improves your dreaming, but I suggest you try it and see if you notice anything.

…Uh oh…Mr. Fluffy’s purpose in life is now in jeopardy…I must research this right away! :look:

It could probably work if there’s a sentimental bond between the owner and the stuffed animal–one of my close friends had a red stuffed dog that I would always sleep with when I went over, and I remember having very vivid dreams and a few LDs in there somewhere… :smile:

Maybe I could bring out my old elephant I had when I was 3 or 4. Dunno where he is though, I’ll have to find him later. :content:

The only stuffed toy I ever liked was my stuffed aeroplane, and I slept with that so often as a little girl that it broke beyond repair… so I don’t have any stuffed toys to sleep with anymore. :sad:

“Can anyone else back it up?”

Guess i can:) check this topic out----->

forum.ld4all.com/viewtopic.php?t … alan+dolls

placebo…

Of course it’s placebo, that’s not even something worth discussing. Buuuut that’s giving all male in the room a nice excuse to sleep for a week with their teddy bears; so let us have our nostalgia and join in! :content: :grin:

What about fond childhood memories? (at least for most people). Most of us were comfortable and stuff so I guess maybe the animal calms us because it brings us back to that time. I sleep with one of those hideous pillows (fuzzy bright-hued), so I guess I could pretend its a stuffed animal…

Well, I’ll tell you one thing. This is really the first time in my lifetime using a stuffed animal. I never used them when I was just a little noob.

Sleeping with a stuffed animal seems to make everything calm and cozy so I feel more comfortable when sleeping and thus have more pleasent dreams. I should try having a lucid dream where I talk to the stuffed animal. How much more special would a stuffed animal be if you could talk to it? :tongue:

No, really :content:
It’s just a nice excuse and a bit of faith.

Also: stuffed animals are nice, positive and nostalgic, that helps the placebo effect to work. It’s really comfortable spend time scratching it’s head and daydreaming. I rather have a real puppy, but hell, real puppies usually can’t go inside (and it’s not very nice to sleep all night with something that’s going to die before you do).

A real elephant? How on earth can you lose an elephant?? :tongue:

What if there was no such thing as placebo? Hmm?

Ah, I finally get what this comment is all about. Let me just say that if this turns into an arguement let’s argue in a civilized manner. I will present my arguement:

For some it could be a placebo because of me, but in my case I noticed a change out of pure observation. This is because sleeping with my stuffed animal makes sleeping more comfortable, it literally is like an extra pillow in some ways, maybe even an arm rest. Now, what lead me to sleeping with a stuffed animal might be because my big fuzzy (real) dog sleeps on my bed and that makes sleeping a little more cozy and I believe that being cozy will improve dreams. So, I decided to try a stuffed animal and it basically had the same effect. Now, quickly assuming this is a placebo is quickly assuming I have no merit for what I think, yes? That is a bit insulting, yes? No hard feelings. :smile:

Now, using the word placebo is almost contradicting when speaking of the dream world because sleeping and dreaming is ALL about the mind and how you think and what you believe or what you make yourself believe is the key to dreaming and lucidity. Everyone knows making yourself believe something is the key to learning how to do very strange things in lucid dreams. Lastly, I will mention that sleeping with a stuffed animal can be nostalgic, it can bring out your inner child, it can bring out certain emotions that you don’t usually bring out, and the list goes on.

HUMBUG I believe it tis a Placebo!

You won’t explain why you believe so? We’re all here to learn, so it’s appreciated if you explain your answer.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I agree with Redifin i think its a placebo cause you think itll help you in some way, but if it works i dont think that matters.