Apocalypto

Apocalypto, mel gibsons next big religious cash in woop!

apple.com/trailers/touchston … large.html

If you havent seen or heard of it, its mel gibsons thing on 2012. I dont really know what to expect, probably a bunch of crap, thoughts anyone?

That trailer was a bit weird, But should be interesting to watch all the same eh?

Yeah I’m hoping so, not sure which view point the movie will take though, everything being destroyed or just passing into a new cycle

Are you sure it’s about 2012? It could just be the end of the Mayan civilization or something? It didn’t actually say anything about 2012.

Yeah, it definitely looked liked it was about the end of the Mayans. I’m guessing it’s some kind of war/love story? I couldn’t really tell what it was about from the trailer. It looks like there’s going to be lots of running though, as that was in just about every little scene.

Hmmm yeah, that’s definately possible. The universal alignment shown in the trailer though is odd then. I’m sure it will all tie in somehow anyway

I think Mel is walking a very high tight rope with these movies of his. It seems pretty daring. It takes some balls, and I admire him for that.

I beleave that the movie is about 2012.
There is a very good article about Mel Gibson’s new movie APOCALYPTO at www.december212012.com

Well 2012 and the Mayans sorta tie in. Didn’t the Mayans “calculate” the last day before the apocolypse to be like December 12 2012 or something like that?

Thats an enteresting websight, I saw the poll where they ask about unusuale weather in your area, 85 percent of people said yes.

Have you heard about the movie… “The beast”? Its release date is 6-6-06. Its a movie that is trying to prove that Jesus never exsisted. Is it just me, or the movies latley getting… You know, creepy. With movies like “Passion of the Christ”, “The beast”, and now “Apocolypto”. Its as if these movies are almost a mirror into this new world. good, and evil fighting. I think movies play a huge part. “The beast” is coming from saten. The next six years should be enteresting. What do you think?

Eh, the only thing which comes to my mind when I think about something coming from Satan or something coming from God is that I can’t know anything for sure… But what I know for sure is the fact that there are lots of people who lost any interest to Christianity after reading a Christian book… and lots of people who finally came to Christianity, having an anti-Christian book in the beginning of their way… Human beings are not empty bottles to fill themselves with any stuff they read and see, so, whatever the movie is about, the reaction and the results will vary… Though, maybe, Satan is a risky guy :biggrin:

I dont think if a true Christian watched the movie they wouldnt be effected by it, I know I wouldnt, and I do plan on seeing movie. I believe in Jesus, and nothing could tell me any diffrent. It seems like there are alot of good intence films coming out this year. I dont go to the theater for alot of movies, but I plan on going to see “The beast”, “Apocolypto”, and most definatly I will go see M.Nights new movie… “Lady in the water” I think movies like "Passion of the christ, Apocolypto, “Signs”, and The beast are channaled through a higher being, to help prepair the human race for the next six years. They may sound like a stupid theory, but movies, and story telling have allways played a big part in our lifes. What do you think? Or are they just movies made just for entertainment?

Edit… I put “Signs” in that list, because there was something very powerfull about that movie, not only the faith part, but the hole atmosphere of aliens seemed so acurate it was spooky.

Cool name. Sounds like a death metal band.

To tell the truth, after some stuff that happened to me this autumn I’m almost ready to believe every “stupid theory” concerning storytelling. :smile: It is quite possible that something higher can use somebody’s purely entertaining or money-making activities as a channel for ideas, totally alien to the author. And if it is not just a short story, which can be easily hidden into your desk, but a big modern cinematographic project with hundreds people involved, the possibility of things going not as the author would like to see them is much higher.

Well, it is said that one day the Mayans just up and left there cities for no difinitive reason… Speculations say they may have reached a higher conciousness and assended to a 4th dimension. 21 DEC 2012 the plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. This cycle has taken 26,000 years to complete.

The Mayan Culture will probaly get more glorification after this. I’d rather have Mel Gibson directing something like this instead of George Clooney :tongue:.

:peek: Just to be a bit of topic, and hyper. Has anyone seen the commercial for the NEW Haggen Daus ice cream flavor MAYAN CHOCOLATE ??? i LOVE iCE CREASM :tongue: :wiske: