Technology

ok, it may seem obvious to some, that technology as we have seen it over the past couple hundred orbits earth has spun round the sun, is killing our environment, and thus, ourselves as well. it is cancerous, like the poisons we spray on our bodies filled with sodium laureth(l) sulphate, parfum and other molecules filled with excesses of metals, like the preperations we combust in transport, like the construction materials and upholsteries, like the “detergents”… oh yeah, quite the deterent to the gents! lol. did the creators of such things have any knowledge of the human DNA, or even what chemical elements we were made of before they devised these “for profit” substances? or how about the bigger picture, not just the seperationist and reductionist views, of humans and external to humans, of us as part of earth and of the earth, and further as earth as part of yet ever greater. no, they did not, they were embedded in a hierarchy built upon other errors. or how about the musicians? the artists? no, I have not, and nor have many. education education education. its a great cry… depending on what’s being educated. :bored: doomed situation? no. precarious certainly. but we have warning. indeed, i call this time between 1996 and 2012, the age of warning. much thanks to those providing the warning, and yes, even greater appreciation to those who provide the solutions.

so, what’s the ticket out of this catastrophe we now have warning of?

• get rid?
    total abolishment of technology? is that even possable?

• get more.
    maybe we’ll find a way out of this with more technology?

or…

• convert.
    change it. initiate the great changes, so that those living in the apparant great oppulence have no cause for concern over going “cold-turkey”? and those living in harmony suffer no ills as our societies have from ill timed ill thought greed tech.
    energy sources are the big one.
    we have reaped oil from mother earth, when we could collect the light from the sun, or the “dark energy” that powers the whole universe. to me it seems the way, but others say we lack the political will. i say we lack the political inteligence, awareness and consciousness. … until now. inform your “representatives” at every level of “government” or “council”.

let us see the scalar technologys that will grow and blosom like a flower in it’s place and time, providing by simply being.

though i could be wrong. which is why its open for discussion.

:help: :confused: :cool_laugh: :neutral:

Technology is not the problem. It is how technology is used.

I agree, and it also depends on what technology is being discussed. In some cases, it can be helpful, such as what we are doing right now. We are using technology (computers and the internet) to communicate and share ideas.

If technology is used for destructive purposes, such as the development of nucear warfare, it can be harmful. It really depends on if it is abused or not.

*Good topic, by the way!

it’s the crude technology, not the harmonised balanced perfected technology, that is the cause for concern.

on what we’re doing now… yes, i love it, the global instant exchange of ideas… however, i know now from experience i am getting an increased dose of radiation from the monitor, my spine (and internal organs) are under increased strtain sitting in this seat (which can last for hours), i’m increasing arthiritic problems in my fingers from hitting all these keys, the computer itself is powered by combusting coal (wich i was most vexed to discover thinking it was all hydro powered in scotland), and who knows what effect it has on life to have all that electricity coarsing through that little box of silicon and metal, or to have those fans blasting out their vibrations… who knows? fortunately, knowing of a problem is often the first step to a solution.

often with the daily technologys used the intent is to boost or benefit, and the destructiveness is overlooked. its a bit of a second law of thermodynamics, that entropy is always on the up, and that the amount of useable energy is always decreasing. now, i don’t subscribe to that as an absolute across the whole (if i did i’d asume EVERYTHING was an excersize in futility), but it does provide a usefull warning of what we’re up against.

for a few examples… shampoos*, TV, mobile phones, personal computers, swivel desk chairs, doors and door handles, combustion engined transport, paper, … the list goes on a loooong way.

each of these most obviously to us has their use, and less obviously, thanks largely to the glory of advertising power, has their flaws, their detriments, that mount up and often last many thousands of years after their original purpose.

so although it appears like it’s not destructive, the longer now would suggest otherwise, if we were only to connect our awareness to that across time.

so hey… go out and give earth a hug, maybe an appology, and pledge to find better ways to get along with her. :smile: yeah… i’m a hippie**. hehe

* just wanna add a litte extra on this one. besides the idea of treating your hair to be healthy (it’s dead by the way) its not just shampoos but perhaps every item in your bathrooms, contain parfum. and there are thousands of other potentially lethal chemicals worth mention, i’m gonna focus on parfum…
it is a known carcinogen. it is completely non-biodegradeable.
these two aspects inherent to parfum make it one of the greatest threats to not just humans on earth, but perhaps all life. it passes through nearly all biomatter (like your flesh) and acts as a catalyst for going cancerous, to continue on doing the same for millions of years. today, as has been for a few decades now, not one drop of rain (or other precipitation) that falls on planet earth does not contain any parfum. and we keep using this stuff… ??? since i’ve stopped using soap, i’ve felt hundreds and thousands better. yes, i appologise for going on about that one tiny thing, but it highlights how oblivious we became to these technological hazardous introductions.

** hippie. not hippy, which to me seems like nothing more than a marketting ploy. hippie, h, i, p, p, i, e, Highly, Inteligent, Person, Pursueing, Interesting, Endeavors. and the sweetest thing is we can all be Highly Inteligent, etcetc. despite childish ignorant “redneck” anti inteligence propaganda.

ps, (thnx blissfullblues, i strive for my best)
pps, i like waffling really.