Odd words in dreams

Me and my mother had, more than once, dreams with weird words. The weird part is that they aren’t words that we ever heard, and researching about them found no results. My mother heard her’s in a dream, mine were stuck to my mind after the dream was over. Does anyone know anything about this?

I get that sometimes with names of people or things (there’s a link to a whole list in my sig if you want examples). Usually they are words that are almost English (or Japanese) words, but not quite. I think my dream just muddles them up in my head so that they come out slightly garbled. I’m not sure.

[Concerning StormThunder’s list]
What’s a Kiri?

It’s in the list under “Other Names”. Kiri is actually the Japanese word for “fog”. I knew this before I had the dream, so maybe that one doesn’t count, but it didn’t refer to fog in the dream - it was a winter sport!

Also, were all those in LDs or NDs? o_o your mind is interesting

All the names except Crazy Lou (I think I just put “Lou” on the list) were in normal dreams. Crazy Lou was from a lucid dream. But I haven’t really had many LDs, so the chances of names appearing in them were slim. Thanks, by the way! :smile:

You’re welcome :happy:

I really mean it. I mean, I do have crazy/interesting/strange dreams, but the DCs are usually people I know/characters from tv, cartoons, anime/famous people (rare).

My subconcious is not as creative as my woken mind >_>;

Sometimes I’d get a dream where I speak a wierd language called Endu. In the dream I can understand everything, when I wake up, I forget. I can only remember 2 words.

Ada -Hello or Yes

Simoo -Bye or No

I haven’t gotten a dream like that in a long time.

Ooo weird o_o. The only foreign/different languages I’ve spoken in dreams were japanese, english and maybe a bit of spanish once or twice (Being a brazilian I was raised speaking portuguese). Other than that and the weird words I don’t even know the meaning of, I haven’t spoken anything else.

One night i had a dream poepl kept chanting the words
“hoe-nah-mah” :confused: …yeah

In one ND, I believed that someone’s last name was “Kwatin”.

My SC made up this name. I don’t know anybody with this name, and IRL the person’s last name is something else completely.

In another ND, a nurse asks me if I have “Venice Voice”.

A DC said someone had a “Dake nose”.

What is a ‘Bubblezaam’? It was in an ND…It was used like this: Something happened–I forget–but then I said, “Bubblezaam!!”

I always thought it was the dream-equivalent of ‘cool’–I use it as an everyday word now…^^

Blinks :bored:

I had a dream involving the word “bivalent” which, although i’m pretty sure it’s not a word, I assumed meant that whatever was being described was a bivalve. Except that the person who was writing it had spelled it wrong.

And in one of my very first LDs, my dog walked up to me and said “Nucker.” I was unbelievably amused by that one. :tongue:

There are a lot more, but I can’t think of any of them now.

Didn’t he say “Nuker”? Maybe he was acussing you of promoting Nuclear attacks :happy:

All the time. I have a recent example in my DJ about mountains (montañototes it should be montañas :rolf: reminds me of a relative of mine)

“Voodooch vooda heech.”
“Vuddle stamp woozle.”
“Moochallup.”

I heard these three phrases in various stages of HI last night. I have no idea what the first one meant, but the other two had meanings. “Vuddle stamp woozle” referred to a strange invention that appeared in my head at the same time; I sketched it in my dream journal. “Moochallup” meant “scram” or “get out of here.” Very bizarre. Apparently, my subconscious is withholding a whole other language from the rest of my brain… :wink:

Part of the funny of it was that she said it at the same time as a news guy on the TV, which was turned on behind her. Well, plus she was wearing a shower cap. :tongue: I remember laughing a lot (I was really excited about becoming lucid) and saying, “You said NUCKER! That’s funny!”

I often dream of words with a couple of wrong letters or two joined words that don’t go together in RL

Hmmm insteresting :happy:

ROFLMAO! :smile: