Waking up with scars...

This actually happened a long time ago. I would go to sleep, have a dream and wake up with a scar. I’d be like “what the heck?” and tried to find a logical explanation for it. I assumed that maybe that cats were scratching me at night. So I closed the door. Didn’t work. I got scarred again that night on my chest. That was freaky.

It stopped for awhile after that but now it’s happening again. I now have a new scar on my arm and 3 bruises on the other one. Big ones. The bruises happened 2 nights ago.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? :confused:

Well I woke up with a scar once, but there was a different reason behind that one. Maybe yours is physcosomatic…

Some people are just rough sleepers. You probably just scratched yourself somehow. (Tossing, turning you must have rubbed up against something.

I’ve considered this but I dunno. I stopped moving around in my sleep when I was 11. I’m a very deep sleeper. I always wake in the exact same position I go to sleep in.

Wyvern is looking up “physcosomatic” in the dictionary

Hmm…
This has never happened to me, so I have no idea what to say in response to this. Although you are not moving in your sleep, it still may be possible that you could still be doing this harm to yourself in this sleep, right? :shrug: You could stay in the same position but still scratch or hit yourself violently, I suppose. I’m no expert on this, so I could be way off.

i sometimes wake up with light bruises on my arms/legs from positions i sleep in.

im alll over the bed and definaly be called a rough sleeper.

are you tryin to imply some supernatural occurance where youd get cut in a dream and wake up with a scar? i spose i believe in precog dreams, so i guess something like that could MAYBE be possible. sounds real dodgy though, the only logical explanation is that your scratching yourself.

and define scars, what do you mean, do you wake up with 3rd degree scars on you, like real scars?.. are they still there now? or are they little scratches that fade. if they are real scars, any blood?

i once had the crystals i put under my pillow all over my bed, even under it, i even lost my brace(yes, i have one, but only have it in at night)

Yes, there’s blood. The scars aren’t that big though. One of the bruises is though. I still have a slight mark from the scar I got a long time ago.

I asked my sister if I move in my sleep and she said I was still as a log. (or something along those lines.)

Wyvern:

Check your mattress and make sure there are not any springs or other sharp objects that could poke through the mattress. Get lots of pillows to put around yourself. If you ave a night stand or anything close to your bed then move it out of arms reach when you go to sleep. Don’t go to sleep wearing any sort of jewelry (rings, watches etc).

If none of that works then perhaps you are scratching yourself or sleep walking an bumping into things.

If the problem continues you might want to consult with a sleep lab.

Are you taking any kind of medications?

I don’t like jewelry so I don’t wear it, my bed has springs sticking out on the other side of the bed(way too far or me to reach), like I said before: I don’t move in my sleep. The last time I moved around was when I had my hepetitis B shot (and I slept walked)

Tonight I’ll sleep with pillows and move any hazards out of the way. (If I get scarred or bruised again, I’ll get really freaked out.:bored: ) I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.

And no, at the moment I’m not on any medication.

Well, unless you have someone stay up all night and watch you, then you can’t be sure about that.

It could still be possible that you are harming yourself in your sleep.

I once woke up with a wond in the back of my foot and another time with my nail brocken on the middel.

I woke up once covered in bruises aswell. Then again, i was camping with some friends, and i had apparently been snoring, so they threw their shoes at me… And one of 'em mistook his part of the tent for mine, thought i was in his sleeping bag and booted me halfway across the tent, which was quite a big ten manner…

I once had some bruises…I had dreamt that I fell of a cliff. But then I realized that I’d fallen out of my bed!

But I’ve found myself waking up with scars sometimes too…not so nice…

The only time I’ve woken up with some bruises was when I rolled out of my bed when I was younger. I rolled out of the top bunk of our bunk bed, but didn’t even wake up! I just found myself on the floor in the morning. :razz:

This happened to me eariler in the week.

First I had a red mark between my eyebrows, the next morning a red mark down my nose so it looked like a red “T”.

The day after that I had a scratch down my right arm, a bruise on my leg (i forget which) and a funny red rash like thing on the back of my left hand that was tender and sore.

Gone now, maybe I was having sympath marks or something for a friend who banged her self up skiing :tongue:

i woke up with my head in the bin once…

LOL, how did you manage that one Hebrew? :eh:

It was next to my bed, kind of, and i rolled out of it…

Many years ago, my sister did something very similar… she hurt her forehead while rolling out and got back to her bed…

She noticed about it several hours later!! It was not painful then!! (the bleeding made her bed full of “red spots”… :lol: )