haunted by two..

For the past few weeks ive written DJ, but this night i was reading it before bed i realized something weird…

In every dream there are two things wich is in all of them.
One of my friends and the house i grew up in.

The setting of the dream aint the same, but my friend is in 90% of the cases there. Also this house. Some times the house can be a swimmingpool, hotel, Nasabuilding, a part of a underground bunker etc.

its 10 years since ive moved out of it, but it still haunts my dreams:)

Is this common?

yes, I often dream of my childhood home more than 20 years since I lived there.
You could take these dream themes/signs and use them to realise that you are dreaming.

[size=75][color=red]I moved this from “Beyond Dreaming” to “The Stuff of Dreams” forum [/color][/size]

Ah… Good idea, ill try

as i small child i used to have dreams of my house, now a couple a few years after moving home, when i dream about my house, i still dream of my old house 3/4 of the time.

I believe this is common as well. I’m always looking into dreams.

I’d be curious to know how often you dreamed of the pair. You said you’ve had these dreams for 10 years but how often during those years?

If it’s quite often then I’d think about a connection of how you feel about that house or felt and how you feel about your friend.

Very common! I myself seem to dream a lot more about the farm I grew up in than in my RL house. I barely ever dream about the house—and I’ve been living here for 12 years now. But I can’t help but dream about the farm at least once or twice a week. :content:

I dream about my house sometimes. If you’ve read my dairy, you know there’s a nightmare version of it, but I also find myself in there normally from time to time.

I’ve never known it to happen in every dream. Seems a little excessive.

But as you can tell by the above posts, it’s not uncommon to dream of such things. A friend of mine I haven’t seen since 1998 was in my dreams last night. The first house I lived in (this house is my third) is the one I see mostly in my dreams, the last house is in there fairly often most of the time I’m having dreams I’m back in highschool and I’m going home to it.

This house rarely ever.

But logicially it makes sense, I haven’t been in that first house for over 15years. Yes I can still give you a spoken tour of the house or draw it out on a map for you. Those memories doesn’t just up and leave it seems :smile:

After reading my DJ, I have identified a reoccuring theme of religion in my dreams. In my dreams I’ve died, visited hell, purgatory, had the word “church” appear in my dreams many times, and indirectly talked to God (I asked him if he was real and asked for a specific signal for a response, he responded that he was indeed real).

This reoccuring theme is bringing out my inner conflict of whether god and afterlife is real or not. I heard a voice in the God dream that pretty much sums up my predicament: “Science and logic tells you that God doesn’t exist, but you want to believe that there is more to life than just living and dying.” :eh: yes, it is strange. I have several of these religious dream quotes…

Perhaps these reoccuring items indicate a hidden longing to return to a previous place or time.