HomeGuideFAQSearchMemberlistForumSupportStore
LD4all.com

Welcome to the archive! Log in
Meaning of Life?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index »Philosopher's CloudGoto page 1, 2, 3  Next
K_Lynn86
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Meaning of Life? Reply with quote

I was having a discussion one night with my bf after seeing Mediums and Psychics on a television show. We started talking about afterlife and whatnot. I strongly beleive that there is something(although unsure what) after this life, only because of personal occurences that have happened to me and my family.

Anyways, we got on the subject of 'reality' and all that, and we were discussing about how everyone wants to know what the meaning of life is and why everyone wants to know ... and I had thought, and I said to my boyfriend 'what if the meaning of life, is to find out the meaning of life?'

I mean people die at different ages, for different reasons and we never know what their last thoughts are. Perhaps they figure it out somehow and that's the end.

Of course this theory clearly is wrong since if it was indeed the meaning of life, I would have died right there ^^

I was just wondering if anyone else had any strange thoughts on the meaning of life and why it seems to be so important to everyone.

-Katie

Lucid Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is—people want to be given a meaning for their lives because they cannot give on themselves. Seriously, what if the meaning of life is up to you? At least the meaning of your life? Quite a burden, eh? So people rather look for the meaning of life in books and resort to logics to prove it.

But since your life is what you make of it... I think it should be up to you, your right (and thus your burden) to chose the meaning of it yourself. smile

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the true Meaning of Life. No shens.

Quote:
What does this have to do with the meaning of your life? As the contents page said, trying to speak about reality is like trying to send a kiss by a messenger. Indeed, it is as foolish as trying to use a lamp to find an honest man, which is what we were really trying to demonstrate back in ancient Greece. Meaning cannot be communicated to you through an intermediate. You've got to experience it directly. You also cannot depend on others or on a "system" to identify truth. You have to know what truth feels like so that you can identify it for yourself.

Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me there's no meaning, life it's just something that happens, a natural phenomena, like rain.

Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't beleive that there is a meaning to life either, or at least don't spend all of my time trying to figure it out. I think that there are some things that should remain a mystery. I mean if we knew why life existed, it would change everything we do, think and know. I like being in the dark smile.

-Katie

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, it seems like to find the meaning of life would take all the fun out of it. It's not the destination, but the journey. If you actually found the meaning of life(not just your life, but life as a whole), where would you go from there? What would you do?

Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a dream character in a lucid dream what the meaning of life is one time. He turned to me and said, "to eat dinner and go to sleep." I found that to be quite humorous. I agree with Bruno that the meaning of life is whatever you make it. You can only base your decisions on what you know. You can speculate however much you want, but when it comes down to it, you need to live life the way you want to.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no meaning of life in my oppinion.. but maybe it could be some sort of gateway, a learning place, for something to happend after life? i feel that life is not a gift, its a curse, for me life isnt really that good atm..

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion on the meaning of life is that it's completely your call; that it to say, it's whatever you want it to be.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine once said,
"All of humanity is moving twoards one place, and when we get there, we will all be like, 'damn, this is disco balls'."

Mabye the meaning of life is disco balls.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that "the Meaning of life" is to have fun and enjoy life

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerbeyond wrote:
but maybe it could be some sort of gateway, a learning place, for something to happend after life?

Or, perhaps it is a learning place for MORE LIFE later. You know, like reincarnation.

Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus wrote:
I think that "the Meaning of life" is to have fun and enjoy life
No. I don't think so. If this was the case, then there wouldn't be so much sorrow, sickness, war, anger and pain in the world.

To enjoy life as much as you can is more accurate, in my opinion tounge1

Although I still don't really know what I think is the meaning of life...

Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DayLight wrote:
To me, it seems like to find the meaning of life would take all the fun out of it. It's not the destination, but the journey. If you actually found the meaning of life(not just your life, but life as a whole), where would you go from there? What would you do?

Or maybe it would make life infinitely better.

Perhaps you would do the same thing you're doing now, but viewed from a different perspective.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draginvry wrote:
powerbeyond wrote:
but maybe it could be some sort of gateway, a learning place, for something to happend after life?

Or, perhaps it is a learning place for MORE LIFE later. You know, like reincarnation.

oh no i will not live again, im tired enough of this life as it is.. i definetly hope for something else then reincarnation.. living once in this world is enough, and to learn more for reincarnation is imposible cause when you are born you cant remember anything from previous life/lifes and you have no inteligence then what you develop in that life..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index » Philosopher's Cloud All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

© pasQuale - donations greatly appreciated