Lucidity & Depression

I read somewhere that if you suffer from depression, you shouldn’t practice lucidity, as it lowers the bodies serotonin level way faster than if you weren’t. Is this true?

What exactly do you mean by ‘practicing lucidity’? You can aim to achieve getting lucid dreams without doing any kind of method.

well, im kinda depressed and im on my quest for lucidity, i cant see anything wrong in it at all… infact i think it is the opposite…

I’ve never heard or experienced anything like that, and I have a seratonin deficiency so I think I’d probably have noticed.

haven’T heard from that either. LDing doesnt affect your physical body does it?

Hrmm, ya I guess it doesn’t. Thats why you don’t heed warnings from occult people, they make stuff up to scare people. :eh:

Dreaming can alter your body in subtle ways. A nightmare can cause adrenaline to be released in your body, for example, tensing up for a fight. And relaxing dreams can reduce your stress. But being able to have purely detrimental effects in dreams is doubtful, as it wouldn’t be good for survival if dreams could kill you, or physically harm you.

omfg that is compleate bs. if anything lucid dreaming can help you over come depression. i know that when i have been depressed and then had a lucid i was ina great mood and it continued into waking too. psh i scoff at that where the hell did u read that!

My friend, Andy, had been in a mental hospital for about a year sometime in his life and he could hear a group of patients where he slept everynight who had some mental illness. They would yell out their dreams as they had them. All of them were nightmares and completely dark. One of them died in their sleep after yelling about jumping off a building, IIRC. This is the power of the mind. Something to think about.

Not trying to scare anyone though. Unless you have a SERIOUS mental illness, you don’t have anything to worry about.

I were depressed when joining the forums.

It helped to get here :content:

Yes, but if they’re already in danger of dying already, would that really count? Someone who has a healthy mind, or even a little unhealthy mind, doesn’t have anything to fear from lucid dreams.

yeah. of course.

we have the chance of dyin everyday in anyway, i would rather die doing somthing i enjoy then sit there waiting for it to come to me

OF COURSE! :yes:

:smile:

https://www.geocities.com/alex_sumner/lucid2.htm

Read the introduction to it, thats where it says it. Now that I sort of thought about it, this guy really doesn’t make much sense in some of his points, but, unfortunately, he’s a really good writer. It’s alot easier to believe somebody with a strong voice than one without.
:hyper:

Thats just bullshit !

i hope something happends so i get a non-painfull death soon… abit drastical to say but thats how i feel atm :bored:

lol. occult people are freaky. no offense. But i suppose it could be true with some people

If there are any harmful chemical effects of LD during depression (which I doubt), I’m sure they would be completely overrided by what you can learn from the dreams. Plus, like Timeless soul said, you feel so elated after a LD, which seems like proof of the opposite. And since your mind and body are inseperably linked, if your mind is happy, it will affect your body positively as well.