WILD-ing without wanting to do it!!!

This may sound strange, it happened two days ago.
I was awake for 21 hours straight, then I went to sleep and slept for 4 hours, then woke up. (I had to wake up, I had some real life committment).

I was kinda still sleepy somewhat, so after about 7 hours from waking up, I wanted to go to sleep again … and I had the strangest sleep ever!

I felt like I can’t go uncouncious, it seemed like I was entering WILD, when I didn’t want to!! I was tired, I just wanted to sleep normally, I didn’t want a WILD!

What happened was, as I was lyign on bed, I started to feel my body getting heavier. Basically it’s like a brust, my body kinda tingles a little bit and I feel like … well it’s hard to explain, it’s like sinking in the bed, just feel my body get a little bit heavier. I guess it’s because of lowering blood pressure.
When that happened at first, I got scared, I thought maybe I just entered SP, so I opened my eyes and moved my body to check, and I found that I can still move.

I was scared, I didn’t want to have a WILD. From what I’ve read about it, you can experience SP during a WILD. I’ve experienced SP 3 or 4 times before. Back then I didn’t know what it was, I just felt like an invisible entity is trying to strangle me and I can’t move …
I know now it’s just like hullecinations and such, but it’s still scary and I still don’t want to experience it!

So anyway, after the first “tingle burst” (if I can call it so), I went back to sleep again, only to have it again!!

I had it several times that night, every time I move right away to make sure I’m not in SP!

At one point, I started to see a bit more vivid images (still fadish, but starting to become clearer) and I saw a flash once. I think I maybe heared a sound …

I got frustrated!!
I thought I was having a WILD … but that doesn’t make sense!! I know some people try hard alot of times before having a WILD, so how can I have it unwillingly?!

Anyway, I didn’t sleep, I had those strange feelings for half an hour, then I got up and took a shower, and stayed awake for 6 more hours, then had a normal sleep afterwards.

So, does that seem like the beginning of a WILD? and how come I couldn’t stop it?! I thought that bydefault you won’t experience the stages of sleep while being councious the whole time.
How can my body system change such that the default becomes staying councious during the experience?

Could it be caused by staying awake for a long time?
If so, maybe I’ve found a good way to wild: stay awake for a whole day (24 hours) then sleep for a short time (2-4 hours) then wakw up and stay awake for say, 5 hours, and go back to sleep and you should have a WILD with no problem :razz:

Anyway, another question.
How can I overcome my fears of WILDs and SPs?

Do it for your first time. Or sleep with someone. For example, I sleep with my brother (not in the same bed, okay?), and I’m not scared of anything of WILD’ing (save old hag, as I haven’t had that yet).

But seriously, the first time I had SP, I was terrified. After that, I told myself I was gonna tough it out, and now SP doesn’t bother me.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!!

Remind yourself that nothing in the SP or HI can hurt you. What’s there to be afraid of? I know it feels scary…but you can decide not to be concerned about it.

WILDs themselves aren’t scary, from what I’ve heard. A WILD is just a dream in which you are lucid from the start; it’s the experiences that sometimes happen before the WILD starts that can potentially be frightening.

My original questions was whether that experience was the beginning of a wild? I mean, was I falling asleep while being councious?

Sure sounds like it.

wow, today I had the SP vibrations, and here’s the thing: I WASN’T TRYING TO WILD!!

I slept at 3am, then woke up at 10 am … I think I woke up and went immediately back to sleep for a couple of times … I remembered a dream or two. One were I was at the basement eating a strange new kind of cake down at the basement, and the other one we were sitting at a strange house (one that I don’t remember seeing in RL) and there was an old woman telling us stuff. (I forgot what she was saying).
Anyway … at around 10:30 I had the vibrations …
I was hearing a “woshhh” and beep sounds similar to the sounds that comes when the TV is turned to a channel that doesn’t exist … and my body was like vibrating very fast and I felt like electricity is going through it. It was like having a motor inside my stomache.

The good thing is, I wasn’t scared at all; maybe because it happened in the morning.

Anyway, the vibrations lasted for about 2-3 minutes (I think) and I started to get tired because the dream wasn’t hapenning, and you know … the vibrations do kinda hurt a little. So I tried moving my hand and opening my eyes and telling my mind to stop because I don’t want to sleep!! (I didn’t open my eyes too much because I was afraid of seeing the old hag) but it didn’t work. That’s when I noticed my waist and thigh are already getting numb, so I thought it may happen soon, and decided to hold on for a bit longer.
I heared the door of the house get open and closed, I thought maybe dad just came in and he was gonna wake me up!! but he didn’t come, instead my alarm beeped, and the vibrations suddenly stopped!! It was like the motor in my stomache just died off.

I woke up and stopped it, and I asked myself whether I actually woke up or is it FA? I did a couple of RCs and it was real.

It was kind of an exciting experience, I want to know what happens next!!! Now I’m not afraid of WILD anymore.

Why did it happen thu? I wasn’t trying to WILD!! This is crazy!

I think it’s because I’ve been recently trying to focus on my HH and trying to see if it turns into HI.

I don’t really remember what happened before the vibrations started, but I think I was trying to enter a dream right after I woke up. actually not trying … I mean maybe I was telling myself that I may have an LD now. (MILD)

Hah. That’s odd to me; usually it happens the other way around. SP first then the beeping and “woosh” noise. Did you get any HI while this was all happening?

Hm, maybe I was already in SP … I dunno. My memory of the vibrations and noise are starting to fade out, as if it was a part of a dream!

and no, I never get HI, that’s why I was interested in trying to see them.
I think I used the term HH wrongly in my previous post.
What I was referring to is the patterns and sutff you see when you close your eyes, nothing vivid at all.
I thought that when you sleep, these patterns are supposed to turn into vivid images (HI), so I was sorta focusing more on the patterns when I go to sleep. That’s probably what was triggering the WILD experience.

Now I definetly want to try WILD!!

How long are the vibrations supposed to last? What happens after them? Can I enter the dream right away after that? or what?
Does the dream always start with me (and mybody) in bed? Or do I see HI and turn them into a full dream?

It differs from person to person. I personally have only felt the vibrations once when WILD’ing. After that, I entered the dream (by entering the dream, I mean I just laid there for a bit and fell asleep, but was still aware). My mind tries to justify this by having me wake up in almost the exact position I fell asleep in, but I counter that with an RC.

Some people, however, have vivid HI in which they enter their dreams with. Personally, the only HI I experience is some white shape (a white screen, rectangle, etc.), which then fades away quickly after… As I said, varies from person to person.

Ive known of LD for about a week now and the teqnique ive been using the most is WILD. And ive had the most luck with that, but unfortunately no actual LD’s yet, but i came quite close earlier tonite. Anyway, I was searching the forums because i have a problem where whenever i try to go to sleep “regularly”, nothing with me trying to get to a Lucid dream, i start to get the feeling i get when i do WILDs. That kinda warm feeling, followed by the numbness, its really distracting, seems like whatever position i lie in i start to involintarily start doing a WILD, i dont even really know how i eventually i get to sleep lol. I think i just need to take breaks off from trying to LD or not think about it constantly, even though i’ve read it’s good to think about it alot. Oh well, *uck that im gonna keep at it, but just thouhgt you should know electron that, yeah…you can start a WILD without wanting too.

Those are called Phosphenes , oh and i find that a good way, recently (not sure if you even need advice, couldnt tell from your post if you got the hang of it or not, but…its late , and im tired so,) when im doing a WILD, and i getting far along or whatever, but nothing has happened for a bit, I focus on my Chakra (or Third Eye) which i learned about from the suneye teqnique, but thought was a waste of time, but i guese had some use. So anyways, if you feel like trying this out when you attemp your next WILD to find your third eye you put your finger between your eyebrows and move it out 3 inches, then keep looking at your finger and close your eyes while still focusing on the same spot. Earlier when i did my WILD, when i got the closest i ever got before to geting into a LD, i focused on my Chakra, and it was like, the darkness i saw with my eyes closed was widened or something, it definetly had an impact, but if you do try this you cant just look at it, you got to focus. Damn i typed a hell of a lot more than i expected too, guese I enjoy being able to talk to people about LD and stuff like that.

Yeah thats bothersome, i think perhaps this happens when you dont have alot of food in your stomach. Cause Ive noticed that this weird rumbling stomach thing happens to me sometimes, and i think it has to do with the amount of food in my stomach. Someone who made the VILD method here (i believe) mentiond that, something along the lines of “you should eat and drink what you would normally eat or drink before you go to bed, an hour before you do so” so i might want to do a little test and see if eating something before hand helps with my WILD. Well anyways good luck with your LDs electron. I know there are so many questions youll have come across, believe me, every time i have one answered a new one takes its place.

thanks for taking the time to write this lengthy reply :smile:

heheh … true for me too!

I think I’ve become a sort of a light sleeper these days …
in addition to experience WILD like feelings, I’m starting to wake up alot during my sleep, and even sometimes I wonder whether I actually slept or no!!

Ok watching everyone write about not meaning to WILD is starting to scare me. I mean i am really interested in WILD and i keep trying but what if the same happens to me? Everytime i sleep i wild without wanting to? I really don’t want that to happen to me :help:

You really dont have to worry about it. Like the stomach thing i was talking about, thats no big deal at all, theres no pain in that, just feels weird, in fact, theres a separate feeling where it feels like your stomach is “sinking”, like gradually you feel your shirt start to kinda float above your stomach, a very cool feeling. And as for the Numbness, well, if your laying there and you start to get that warm feeling and you can tell that your getting that numb feeling, early SP i guese is what it is, then just move around your body to make it stop if you dont want to have a WILD. In fact, im not sure even if everyone faces this problem anyway, you might be able to keep your WILDs and normal sleeps separte easily. Cause when i really think about it i havent really heard hardly anyone talk about invoulentary WILDs. So I would just keep doing what your doing, and not worry about it. Oh and i think what i did that has caused my uncontrolled WILDs, was that i did them so damn much, i was so intruged about this new exciting thing i learned about, and the WILD method really caught my eye the mosty, and I just did it too much i guese, but its not like i dont sleep, period, its just that i dont know how i get to sleep, or when i get to sleep, so i just need to cut back a bit i guese. But i dont think you have anything to worry about, keep at it, and I wish you luck.

Well, I think WILD’ing without wanting to would come from extreme sleep deprivation (as described by the above poster). Unless you deprive yourself of sleep for a long time, you most likely wouldn’t have this problem.

Plus, that would be so bad about WILD’ing all the time? At least you would get plenty of LD’s that way! :wink:

I don’t know about you but there are times when i feel so tired :yaaawn: that i just want to fall asleep ask quick and as soon as possible. If i wild when this happens i might end up falling asleep at least an hour later or if not feel sp and everything else that accompanies WILD

Yeah, uncontrolled WILDs arent that bad, Matrix did have a point, alot of good chances to have LDs, but you are right on the fact that once you start a WILD, you wake up a little. I know that every time I WILD and fail, I always have to just sit up and turn on the tv for at least an hour or so before I can get tired again, so yeah that does suck.