Other Dream Recall Methods

I’m the kind of person who generally remembers dreams however i still think i should find a way to increase dream recall. Upon waking up i get too lazy to write down anything…

do you think i can increase my dream recall just as much by telling my dream to someone or even describing it properly to myself? :dream:

You could use a tape recorder, when you wake up. I believe that telling someone else will probaly help you remember it, but I expect you will probaly will still forget parts of the dream. I would strongly advise keeping a DJ though, as you can come back to it and reread your dreams, and find common themes/dreamsigns, among the many dreams. You could use a voice recorder when you wake up, then later write it up, into your DJ. :tongue:

Telling someone or yourself about the dream can help you improve your dream recall.
But still the best thing is a dream diary.

The biggest thingy is NOT to move when you wake up or at least as less as possible. Dont think of anything else, concentrate and try to remember the dream then write it down, hope that helps :wink:

I’ve tried the water method a couple of times and I think it has helped. Drink half a glass of water and imagine yourself waking up, finishing it and remembering your dream. Only downside is the fact you have to move and/or could knock over the glass :down: .

Gotta DJ. There’s just no real way around it if you truly want to remember your dreams. If you want dream recall badly enough, you’ll have the willpower to write down what you remember. Try getting more sleep if you’re having a lot of trouble doing it in the morning.

It really doesn’t take much effort to scratch a few black marks onto some paper…you can do it…I know you can… :wink:

lol i’ll try…the hard part is generally the start. Hopefully i’ll start 2morow for sure!

I feel your pain, I know exactly what you’re talking about. You’re in bed, you don’t want to get your journal and start writing. Also, you’re worried you can’t remember any of your dream if you start writing, because you’ve moved and the dream hasn’t sunk in yet.

However, once you start writing you really get into it and you don’t want to stop, you want to write as much as you can remember.</Second Person Speech>

what i found is that if i don’t remember the dream when i wake up, if you think of the things you did the day before your memory is jogged and you can easily remember.

it works everynight for me (which is like 3 nights…)

just try it when you wake up.