the younger the Age = the More Lucid Dreams?

i was checking out some Lucid Dream material when my sisters friend walked in and asked me what i was looking at. Being the crazy person i am, :crazy: , I told her everything about Lucid Dreams. She interuppted and she said “oh i get those all the time”

I thought she was lying but then she told about her experiences and i had to beleive her. She is 11 years old and she says she has had loads of Lucid Dreams without even trying when i am trying so hard and i have only had 6!

Here is another freaky thing. I told her to to try to get a shared lucid dream with my sister.

The next day…she did!!o
And my sister remembers parts of it!!

How can she do it??

Well, she might be lying.
IMO, physically it’s pretty impossible to have shared dreams…

Although, yeah, I’ve heard some very young kids have LDs just like that too…

I’ve had a shared dream before. Of course, it wasn’t lucid on my part, but the other person told me about their dream and it coincided with mine, before I had told her about what I dreamed.

Of course, it could always be coincidence!

I’m sure she isn’t lying. today she had a shared lucid dream with my sister and here is the story from both sides:

:wiske: My sister:
“I don’t remember what i was doing but i remember hearing a sentence being repeated over and over again. I was suprised and confused until i rememebred my brother had told my friend to use a password. So I figured that must have been the password. I’m not sure if i was lucid or not from then on.”

:wiske: My Sister’s friend:
" I saw my friend in my dream walking and i said hello. We were talking for a while until i told her that she was dreaming.
She wouldn’t beleive me so i tried to prove it. Then i told her the password and i told her to remember it.

The next day my sisters friend said the password and my sister was amazed!

If she is lying then she is lying about the shared dreams…although i trust my sister.

Let us imagine she is lying…the point is she can have a lucid dream whenever she damn wants to with no experience at all when we have to try so hard and fail miserably! :cry: …sometimes

I have to agree with piculum - I don’t believe that was a shared dream. The reason being, if your sister remembers her dream that badly, anything she does remember could hardly be a very reliable account. Her friend may have said something that made her think it was in the dream, but really wasn’t.

I don’t think either person would lie to you, but I strongly suspect your sister wouldn’t remember enough detail to prove it was a shared dream. It’s much more likely there were some vague similarities to both (which is quite common), and that’s all that they remembered.

Don’t know anything about passwords, but well, maybe that’s a coincidence.
If not, the ability to share dreams is related to telepathy. Have you heard about those bounties (like over 1,000,000$) for proving the existence of telepathy, lol? :happy:

But Stormthunder has said it all…

Anyway, even though they might have an advantage in lucid dreams, that’s how life is. I’ve told my friend and he was able to get his first lucid dream two days after having found out about it. He says he has some short dreams (up to 30 seconds) every now and then since then.
And I have been trying for neerly two months without any true LD (it’s soon to come, though :smile: ).

But even if it’s like that, I guess the people that do not have lucid dreams easily have other advantages to the ones who do (like, stronger psychics, etc).
And if I success to have the dreams anyway, a few months would not make that much of a difference, I guess. :smile:

BTW: About your friends, maybe that’s also related to them being female? I guess females tend to remember dreams more often and so they should be better at LD’ing… Just a thought, though.

I’m experiencing the same thing with my younger brother. He does very little as far as induction techniques go, especially compared to me, and yet he’s had a few more LDs than I have. (Neither of us has had very many. :grin:) Think about it…most people who discover LDing on their own (for coping with nightmares, etc.) do it when they’re young and then lose the ability or the necessity to do so. You rarely hear about adults discovering LDing on accident, but it’s not uncommon with younger children.

I know how easy it is to become jealous, but try to be happy for your sister’s friend and remember that many trustworthy children tend to lie about their dreams. I’m the last person to tell a lie, but I know I would fib about my dreams from time to time when I was young, as a way to entertain family and friends and get some attention.

yup , it seems like people which dont try to LD have more LDs then we newbies :sad:

I mean.

2 of my friends have had LDs

One only simple knew they existed one didnt .

I meself have had fewer then them , and try :confused:

When I mentioned looking into lucid dreaming to my father he told me he developed how to do it when he was young. He said he did it to conquer his fears as a child.

He also said he used it to learn how to “thrash” people better. He also said when he went to prison it had qualities that helped him survive. :eek:

As they were some very interesting accounts about shared dreaming in this thread, I moved this topic into the Beyond Dreaming forum.

About “the younger, the more LD’s” parts, yes, there is an experiment account about this in the Theory of Lucidity forum, i’ll try to find it again.

[Edit. Here it is: https://community.ld4all.com/t/development-of-beliefs-controllability-of-dreams/13732
And there was in the Theory of Lucidity forum too an old thread about “Children and Dreams” about children having more LD’s. ]

Well, most of the kids I’m around have lucid dreams almost ALL the time.

I remember when I was a kid (like 8 years ago) I had a couple of magnificent lucid dreams about flying and the like. They were defining moments :wink:

I don’t think so. I just think they lead a MUCH LESS stressful life. They let their mind wonder. When my sister was younger she had them even when she never knew what they were. She would think about plots for stories she was writing which could be seen as a form of WILD or MILD.