How to maintain the dream

I just less than 20 minutes ago woke up from a lucid dream. I’m not sure why. The dream I was having right before I went lucid kept repeating itself over and over, and I finally caught on that it was a dream. I slowly got up and was able to control the dream for about 5 minutes. Unfortunately, after 5 minutes, everything went black, and as a stupid natural reaction, I tried to open my eyes, and my real eyes opened. Could I have woken up because I was thinking too hard?

Oh, and for the record, this is my first real lucid dream ever. Go me :razz:

Congratulations, Mindule! :happy:

And yes, this could be due to what you were thinking or doing… Some people lose stability in LDs if they start wondering too much and don’t do anything physical, like walking, jumping, flying… Try to keep yourself in the dream world, and use one or two stabilizing techniques, like rubbing your hands, if it starts to fade. :smile:

Also, remember: it’s normal to wake up eventually :razz: Some LDs are shorter and some are longer, that’s only natural. :content:

Do you know how long y’all have been able to keep it going? What’s the record, if there is one?

Well, I sure would hope so! :tongue: Then again, at first it would be nice to have an endless LD, if that were possible.

As for your dream, mindule, that seems completely normal. Some of my first few dreams began to fade after a while, but soon enough you’ll get the hang of it. :colgate:

I think there are personal records, but there are a lot of things you must take in account to make a dream longer… And I’m not really an expert on that. :smile: But when it comes to dream fading right after you become lucid—just remember, it’s normal (as BB said, especially on the first LDs), what you should do is quite simple: stabilize! ^^