is it wrong for me to hate....

it whenever i see that someone has gotten a lucid dream after anyhting from a day to 2-3 months? i still haven’t gotten an LD (not even a seconds one ;_; ) and its been atleast a year now… WBTB doesn’t work due to my strange sleeping ways, WILD always leads my noze to become unbarebly itchy untill i move to scratch it or i just lie there and eventualy HAVE to move to actually fall asleep. MILD just doesn’t work. i usualy remember atleast one dream every night, and have that bloody “pre-lucid” stuff, but ive never actually beome lucid. there is NO way i will give this up, getting a lucid dream where i control EVERYTHING, is my ultimate goal, then getting that as often as possible. i have MILLIONS of things i want to do in an LD, i always have the will to become lucid, but it just never happens.

i know ive done this a few times before, ranting about my lack of LDs, but this is now over a year, and all i see is other people getting LDs and me STILL!!! not getting them. I really have NO idea what to do next, i keep trying WILD, doing RCs, (which i never seem to remember to do, i only remember when i come on this site before going to bed…) . ive tried using music and telling myself to become lcuid when i hear a particular song, then wake up only to remember hearing the song in the dream but not doing anything about it. ive tried eating mint before bed, war milk, I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO TRY!!! im simply relying on luck now, i need help badly now, i know i wont stop hopping for an LD, but if i do anything else i don’t know…

:confused: :sad: :confused: :sad: :cry:

Yes it’s wrong Ledgem! It’s always wrong and destructive to hate.

You’re actually proving your self right with your negative thinking on the subject. You think it’s so difficoult to become lucid so you have turned it around to an expectation that you won’t. It’s with all things in life expect that you’ll win or expect you’ll lose and you’ll be proving yourself right on both occasions. (Several LD manuals describe this phenomenon). I would agree with this attitude if you become lucid it will be a matter of sheer luck! :roll:

Take a look at what’s actually your strengths here:

1. You have a strong desire to become lucid.
  2. You won’t give up!
  3. You remember at least one dream every night. (Think of how frustrating it must be for those who have problems even remembering their dreams). Remembering dreams is a key element to become lucid, so give yourself the credit of being fortunate here.
  4. You have the “bloody pre-lucid-stuff”.
  5. You still haven’t developed a natural and active habit of doing RC’s. Which is sort of a weakness, but will most likely be the key for you reaching your goals.

I’d scrap the WILD’s, they’re just too difficoult and will bring you more frustration. Focus on being positive, not just try but BE positive in your heart about it!

I would also suggest that you buy a achieve lucid dreams hypnosis cd with subliminals, NLP, Ericsson, hopefully all at once. Then you can plug into your cd player and just expect it, because your sceptic consciousness won’t be able to resist the positive reinforcements made!

A cool thing for remembering to do RC’s is if you buy the “silent reminder” keychain or something called PEST. Google it.

Hope this helps, I know you can do it so go and break a leg grumpy! :puh: :clown: :clap: :ok:

:ok:

I suggest buying this “silent reminder” too.

WILD & MILD are the most known techniques but there are still others you can try, maybe VILD.

[edit]Have you found dream signs yet?[/edit]

Have you tried getting around 8hours sleep, then waking up for around 15minutes, then trying WILD ? …that seems to do wonders for me :content: …also when attempting WILD don’t try to focus too much on every little thing happening, just let yourself passively fall alseep, if that makes sense

It seems like you have the willpower to have one, so Im sure you’ll get one soon :content: …also, sometimes taking a break from attempting all these methods, seems to spontaneously give some people LD’s

anyways hoped this helped :smile:

Anyway, that’s the spirit. :smile:

You should eventually have one too. Persistance pays.

My advice - give up. For a few weeks. Let me explain.

The brain and mind are funny creatures. The more you want something from them, the less likely they’ll give it to you. Its like when you remember a line from a TV show and you cant remember the show, or forget an old friends name even though you knew them for months/years. You try as hard as you can and nothing comes.

Then one day soon after you’ll be doing something completely unrelated and not even thinking about it, and the answer will just pop into your mind. A few times I’ve just sat bolt-upright in bed and one word is scrolling in my mind, the answer I was looking for weeks earlier.

The strong emotional need for an answer creates blockages in your mind, and stems your progress. If you’ve been trying for a year to get an LD, I admire your resolve. But at the same time I think you should take a step back, allow your mind to rest.

Example. When I joined this site a month ago, I had previously had 3 (remembered) lucid dreams in my childhood. When I began my dream journal and reality checks last month, I set myself the goal that I wanted to achieve something within 2 months. Even if it was just a glimpse of lucidity, I wanted the smallest amount of progress by then.

After 3 weeks of doing a dream journal, I stopped due to laziness. Reality checks went from 15+ a day down to 0-2 that came naturally. I had been trying WILD once every 1-2 nights for the last three weeks. For the last week, I’ve stopped everything altogether. Six days later I had my first LD via WBTB, which just happened and wasnt intentional (hit snooze, rolled over and went back to sleep).

Give your mind a rest for a while. Allow it to absorb and catalogue what youve been feeding it for the last year. Stop all techiniques and just live life normally for a while, see what happens.

the thing is, ive already tried that, several times… i read that others have done that and succeeded, but it won’t work for me… for some reason, when i try NOT to think about something, it ends up being the only thing i can think of…

i actually do have a few things i could try, the problem is i usually don’t stick to something even if if i want it. i would try the techiniques on days where i could sleep in and when i couldn’t (regular weekdays) i would just try not to think about it, not that it would work well… if i could actually keep a dream journal for longer then a weekend, maybe something would click. im just annoyed as hell right now, it would be nice if i could actually have an LD, then i’d have nothing to complain about…