First signs of lucidity?

I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming for almost a year now. For the past few months I’ve been able to remember about a dream a night. In the past few weeks, however, I’ve had a handful of odd sensations while dreaming. I’ll usually be doing some weird and silly thing typical of dreams, but for a few moments things become more clear (lucid?) than normal and I get a sense that something is going on and things aren’t right somehow. In several of these experiences I’ve done things through sheer will that are impossible in waking life, like in one instance I was staring at a cup of tea and moving the liquid tea with my mind. When I wake up my memories of these experiences are much stronger and clearer than my memories of the rest of the dream. I can’t seem to gain enough awareness to attempt a reality check in these instances and I always end up losing vividness and returning to a normal dream state.

Are these semi-lucid states? If so, how can I expand them into fully lucid dreams?

Any and all help is appreciated. :grin:

Being lucid means that you are aware that your are dreaming. What you have is a very vivid dream and a excellent recall. Just keep practicing. I have been doing this for a month and haven’t had a lucid dream. I almost but ruined my chance. Long story short- Don’t give up!