DC! Could they be archetypes?

I’ve just read Datameister’s DJ and there was something about Annick, A DC… And then i’ve read that he/she (sorry, haven’t looked) said he/she looked for that name in a search engine and had 0 replies… And therefore, she wasn’t a real person…

That got me thinking, could DC’s be archetypes? Should we look for information on them, Like name meaning and/or etymology? or even by psychologic traits they may have? What else should I look up about my DC’s? What can be relevant in this case? :confused: :help: :confused: :help: :confused:

i have never had any significant DC’s in my dreams… they are all just there… if it is a significatn DC its probably someone i allready know…

I guess that if you have reoccuring DCs, that aren’t based on real persons, they could be worth investegating.

I myself meet do not meet those kind of dream characters very often.

Some DCs are archetypes others I have no clue about. (Mother Goddess, Old man, hero, etc… Been like 5K years since I’ve taken any type of psychology coarse… :sad: ) Researching DCs in general I guess would all depend if the dreamer found them significant and felt there was something to be gained through finding out about them…

I don’t think that all the DC’s are archetypes. You don’t have archetypal dreams every night. Lots of DC’s act like automatons. On the other hand, some important and clever DC’s, like SG’s, may be archetypes.

Maybe not look for information about them, but more about the types of people they represent.

Your subconcious has probably placed that DC in there for some reason or another, how they are dressed, how they act, what kind of person they look like, if its somebody you know. All of that relates to your subconsious.

I’m honored that someone actually read my DJ, which I quite pathetically have failed to update. I should get on that soon…:sad:

In the particular case of “Annick Sellar,” I wouldn’t know if she was an archetype because I never saw or met her in the dream. I’m sure archetypes do show up as DCs, but not always. Keep in mind that our real-life experiences rarely include true archetypes, and our dreams often reflect real-life experiences.

Now if someone were taking a course on this sort of thing (or doing a lot of Joseph Campbell reading), I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see these archetypes showing up in his/her dreams.

I do have one DC who has showed up in two dreams of mine, one who isn’t based on any real-life acquaintance. He conforms fairly well to the wise old man archetype. I intend to go have a long talk with him in a lucid dream one of these days. I’d like to know why exactly he tried to kill me a few years ago…

Archetypes are related to the collective unconscious. So no. You also have some DCs that are symbols for you, and you only, and that make part of your inner symbology… And some that are social symbols, and these can be called archetypes and stereotypes.

Also, I agree with Basilus: most of the DCs are just automatons…