HomeGuideFAQSearchMemberlistForumSupportStore
LD4all.com

Welcome to the archive! Log in
Perspective
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index »Philosopher's Cloud
StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Perspective Reply with quote

[mod edit]Title changed. There is already a thread titled 'Truth and Perception' yinyang[/mod edit]

Two guys are in the same history class at school. They have a big test tomorrow, but their favourite band is in town for one night only.
-One of them goes to the concert with his friends.
-The other is at home, studying in his room.

Which is wasting his time?

Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on your perspective. Personally i think the school system we have now is retarded and that it is much more worth my time to see a concert. Amen

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this meant to be merged with my topic or does it just have the same name?

You can't just look at this and decide who is wasting his time. Mabye the person at the concert studied hard nights before, or mabye he has an innate ability to do well on tests without studying. Mabye the person who is studying does not like to listen to music. You can't just give a tiny synopisis of the scenario and ask who is wasting their time. Facts must be taken into consideration.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the question is at fault. Like DayLight already said, without more info, neither of them is wasting their time.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Snape, it depends on the perspectives of the two individuals as well as the perspectives of the person trying to answer this question.
Speaking of which, what exactly is the point of this question? eh

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be something to disscus. This sounds more like a playground topic, unless you intend to prove something with different people's perspectives after a bunch of people awnser your question.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it looks like I caused a lot of confusion. (BTW it was meant to be merged with the other topic, it was just a coincidence). I should have given more info in my original post. I know one night of studying or going to a concert won't make much of a difference, I was just using that as one example of what would happen every day. If its a concert one night, it might be a party the next, etc.

Person #2 works much harder than person #1 all of the time, but person #1 has had much more fun than person #2 their whole lives.

I was just wondering about how different people spend their time. People who work hard and study never seem to have as much fun as the people who are always partying or going out. But what happens to these partiers after highschool? Has the person who averaged 90% in highschool wasted their chance to have fun, or has the person who averaged 50% wasted their chance to get a good education?

I guess we need to find a balance between work and play.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed we do, and the balance is different for different people and at different parts of their lives. The only person to decide whether I have wasted my life studying or having fun is me. In retrospect, if I regret one or the other, then perhaps that's a good indicator that the time may have been better spent in other ways.
To each his own ^^

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index » Philosopher's Cloud All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

© pasQuale - donations greatly appreciated