HomeGuideFAQSearchMemberlistForumSupportStore
LD4all.com

Welcome to the archive! Log in
Black Holes and The Big Bang: Connection?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index »Philosopher's Cloud
DayLight
RIP Albert Hofmann
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Black Holes and The Big Bang: Connection? Reply with quote

Alright, I've been learning a bit about space(gereral stuff, nothing special), and I've been thinking; the big bang was caused by matter compressing into a point thousands of times smaller than the head of a pin, and then exploding. Well, that is pretty much the same thing as a black hole. A HUGE star implodes, and all of the matter is packed into one tiny point(just as the big bang is), and then it expands into a black hole. Could black holes be a force of creation, rather than destruction? Could each black hole be a big bang for a different universe? Could we be inside a black hole(I think that would be called a wormhole, not sure though)? I really don't know much about space and black hole, these thoughts are just uneducated musings, could someone who has knowledge of this tell me, it this possible? whatsthat

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I know about black holes, maybe this will help you in your musings smile
Black Holes are not really holes at all, they are singularities. A singularity is a single point of infinite density, much like what is thought to have caused the big bang. Scientists still don't know where the singularity that caused the big bang came from though.
Black Holes also 'evaporate' over time. The smaller they get, the quicker the disappear. There are accounts of tiny black holes as well as very large ones, like the ones often found at the centre of Spiral Galaxies.
As far as entering a black hole and ending up somewhere else, I don't think it's possible. Remember that black holes are not really holes, so there isn't really anywhere to go except the crushing gravity well that is the singularity...and you probably wouldn't last long there anyway
There is a theory that a worm-hole, or an Einstein-Rosen bridge, could connect two points across vast distances, but this is entirely theoretical. There has never been an actual account of a real worm-hole, although it would be really cool if they did exist yes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index » Philosopher's Cloud All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

© pasQuale - donations greatly appreciated