HomeGuideFAQSearchMemberlistForumSupportStore
LD4all.com

Welcome to the archive! Log in
the big MILD topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index »the Quest for LucidityGoto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Godsgifttowomen
Somniologist
Somniologist

Location: Somewhere in Canada. Dont wanna specify due to stalkers haha
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, i was told to do the mild technique until you fell asleep. as you can possibly predict, i could never fall asleep. i definately think this is one of the better methods so i'll try it again tonight.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MILD dosen't strickly imply that you perform the technique until you fall asleep. Most of the documentation you'll find on the topic claims that if you have trouble falling asleep while thinking about LDs, just do it for as long as you think is necessary to 'set' your mind properly, then relax and get to sleep normally. This isn't like WILD, where it's required that you maintain a state of mind during the entire process. I suppose it might work better if you were able to fall asleep thinking about it, since it should be the last thing on your mind.

Somniologist

Location: Somewhere in Canada. Dont wanna specify due to stalkers haha
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and bye the way thanks atheist, i downloaded that nero and got stepahn laberge's interview on cd, now to see if it'll work

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right - I was about to post why I haven't been able to lucid dream since the summer. Then I read that with alot of stress its almost impossible to (I think it was in the how section). Right now I'd just like to ask about something thats really been bugging me. During my dreams recently - I can't remain as one character. Its is so hard to become lucid when you keep changing and your point of view keeps changing. When I'm writing or telling people about the dream I say "then suddenly I was the other person" and now its been getting to be third person alot. How can i use the nice old techniques if i cant look at my hands. I have become almost like a spirit who just hovers above all the action. How am I going to get around this?

Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WBTB in conjunction with MILD is a very promising technique for me as well, and i don't have trouble falling asleep. i have to give credit to this technique because most of my LD's are due to it. what i try to do is make it the last conscious thing I think of, but not necessarily the thing i last think of right before falling asleep. i think of my phrase in my head until i feel my intention is set, then i try to leave my mind blank till i fall asleep. if something else pops in my mind during this time, i repeat my phrase and try again at keeping my mind blank.

all techniques are easier if you use WBTB with them... your mind is more awake because you've already got some sleep, you go into REM faster so you have a better chance remembering your intention, and if you read LD stuff while awake you have a good chance of having a dream about it. that should just about double or triple your chances of LD's. grin

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tryed a mild for the last to nights. I awkoe read about lding for and hour and a hlaf and then mild for 10 min slept and didnt remember a thing??? whats with that. My dream recall is normall good so i dont know wht happened? did i miss it?

Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe...
I don't know! Recently, my dream recall has been dropping, too. I'm not sure why...
Don't worry, though...don't give up. Personally, I think MILD's the best because I haven't had any success with WILD...keep trying...good luck!

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know neither work well foe me, rt work the best for me

Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i go to bed and focus on having a lucid dream i often get a "falling" sensation after a while... It feels like i am falling an as if my body sinks through the bed, and i se a tunnel of white stripes that i am "zooming" in to...what is that? eh anyome knows?

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a clear cut way into teh dream world wink

just follow the white light smile

Richard

Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with MILD...I've tried it a good number of times now, maybe about 7 or 8, and I never seem to have any success with it. I'll repeat to myself in my mind "I'm going to have a LD, I'm going to realise I'm dreaming, etc." but I never seem to have any luck with it. I have good recall (I can remember at least 1 dream a night, I remember two from last night), so that isn't the problem. I look at my third eye while I'm doing it, since I've heard that suggested a lot, and that isn't helping either. What should I do?

Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found some doc with an unusual MILD techniqe http://www.geocities.com/alex_sumner/lucid2.htm

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that's a brainful of stuff to take in. thanks a bunch, aezen.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ęzen wrote:
found some doc with an unusual MILD techniqe http://www.geocities.com/alex_sumner/lucid2.htm

*bookmarks*

Ok, I'm gonna read that later, but now It's Snooze time. Cmon' LD!

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Over MILDing with the LDing Reply with quote

Can you try to hard in this method (MILD). Last night I drank a tea 1 hour before bed. It is sussposed to improve the vividness of your dreams. Then at bedtime I ate cheese and drank milk. I call it Lucid food, to try make it like a medicine that gives Lucid dreams.

But I sat there thinking about Lucidity and couldn't get asleep. I let my mind wander and started to feel a falling sensation. I could feel my eyes vibrating, then my whole body. It's not quite like vibrating. So I opened my eyes and did a RC. The feeling went, could have been an OBE of some sort?!

I went to bed at eight and finally got asleep at around 12.00 I wasn't dreaming because I did RC to make sure. Does anyone have any sugestions, ie. to want more/not so much etc.

Thanks for listening (If at all!) smile
Technodreamer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index » the Quest for Lucidity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

© pasQuale - donations greatly appreciated