HomeGuideFAQSearchMemberlistForumSupportStore
LD4all.com

Welcome to the archive! Log in
Using Lucid dreaming as a topic to get with this girl
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index »Lucid LoungeGoto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
sno_isulli
Lovestruck
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy reality, you are so much like my brother, it's scary! I could write all the reassuring "crap" that you probably don't care to hear, but I won't. I can relate to your situation, although I don't grapple with it in quite the same way (and I don't feel alienated, thank God). Like you said though, at least you have the internet and can freely express yourself here without many qualms.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got over the first part of your problems reality....with being shy and such....just took alot of inner thinking and tinkering.....real hard to explain, but I built up my confidence level....if you want a quick route you can be a sarcastic jerk. That raises confidence like nothing else(just joking, although it works). Heck being funny will do that too, if you can charm a crowd with comedy you literally win them over. It works great with women too, like the one girl I was talking about above, she rarely showed emotion for a entire year, she only laughed and smiled(she did do some body langauge where she flicked back her hair) when I was funny and brought up a area of interest.

Takes some comedy courses, being funny overcomes all of life's problems.

Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I asked her if she wanted to go otu this place to eat, to which she imediately replied "Im working tonight"

Since she walking to a class, I simply said "ok bye"

She doesn't seem very interested but then again she's always been like this, I'll try again tommarow.

Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story time! This one is so on topic, really honestly it is.

So I have 3 classes every 2 weeks with this 1 girl. (321 thats kinda weird but goin on) But I see her quite often in the halls. Since starting university I've totally changed right. I was the introverted nerd all through high school, luckily I managed to change.(although it has meant less time on the forums) If you're wondering the biggest help to my changing was joining a club which resulted in a new start with a bunch of strangers. Oh yea so now I tend to be funny, sarcastic, and eminate confidence(the last ones just positive thinking for now).

So I get the girl's attention in the hallway. And we "chat." I was going to a fundraiser that night and suggested that she come. Imediately she says she can't because she has tae kwon do. So I figure "REJECTED!" and say bye and head off. Then the next week on the last day of classes, she saw me at the beer gardens and caught my attention, I ended up with her number scrawled across my arm. I should have at least gotten a dance but I'd been drinking since 8 that morning (7 hours earlier)

So the point in the story is, lay back and play it cool for a little bit. You said she was shy so you obviously don't want to hound her. I'd give her a week then ask again, if she's working again, ask if there's a time that would be good for her.

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.if you want a quick route you can be a sarcastic jerk. That raises confidence like nothing else(just joking, although it works)

doops that was me a while ago. You can try it, but it left long lasting negative effects on me. I still make stupid sarcastic insults all the time... but at least I have a few more friends. I dress like an idiot simply because I'm poor, not because I don't know what looks good!!

Oh anyways back to the subject. When you say "immediately" do you mean she sounded uncomfortable when she said it? You have to take into account how she was acting at the time you asked her plus how she acts toward you after. If she avoids you or talks less openly... sorry... You might want to talk to her a little bit more to get her to open up too. I like the idea of getting to know someone a little better before you do anything.

I've had only bad experiences with love, so if your instincts (or another forum member) tells you my advice is crap, it just might be. Just discrediting myself here. Holy crap I don't think I have enough "confidence" built up.

Dream Deity

Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raging_Canadian wrote:
Story time! This one is so on topic, really honestly it is.

So I have 3 classes every 2 weeks with this 1 girl. (321 thats kinda weird but goin on) But I see her quite often in the halls. Since starting university I've totally changed right. I was the introverted nerd all through high school, luckily I managed to change.(although it has meant less time on the forums) If you're wondering the biggest help to my changing was joining a club which resulted in a new start with a bunch of strangers. Oh yea so now I tend to be funny, sarcastic, and eminate confidence(the last ones just positive thinking for now).

So I get the girl's attention in the hallway. And we "chat." I was going to a fundraiser that night and suggested that she come. Imediately she says she can't because she has tae kwon do. So I figure "REJECTED!" and say bye and head off. Then the next week on the last day of classes, she saw me at the beer gardens and caught my attention, I ended up with her number scrawled across my arm. I should have at least gotten a dance but I'd been drinking since 8 that morning (7 hours earlier)

So the point in the story is, lay back and play it cool for a little bit. You said she was shy so you obviously don't want to hound her. I'd give her a week then ask again, if she's working again, ask if there's a time that would be good for her.

Hmm... speaking of beer... something illegal that helps my confidence tremendously.

Yay for America...... it wouldn't be a problem if I had friends (that drank) but since I don't I have to... resort to.... not so good things........

A college student should be able to drink sadblauw I mean the whole stupid reason it was changed to 21 was to stop HS kids from drinking, but permit college kids to drink, or so I gather...so why not just let you drink with proof of college ID? *angry comment directed toward America*

but yeah the thing with us shy people is we might act like we hate you but we might really like you... I tend to do that.... you know, like saying "I'm busy tomorrow" in what might seem like a harsh voice, but it really just means I AM BUSY TOMORROW but has no reflection upon you or how I feel toward you.

We tend to do things (unintentionally) to people that causes them to think we don't want to be talked to, etc... or that we dont' like them.... I think it might be a defense mechanism for people who have bad experiences with sociality to keep themselves from getting hurt by starting a pointless relationship.

I know I catch myself sending bad signals to people all the time, but never intend to. So that could be her case.... I wouldn't hassle her though.

Anyway... I want some hard liquor to celebrate school ending sadblauw

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: According to her friends...she has a boyfriend...

like hell thats gonna stop me...

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleepy wrote:
According to her friends...she has a boyfriend...

So you're going to become a scary stalker?

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I was joking. I think I'll just ask her out anyway and see what happens..I'll probaly never see this girl again anyhow..

Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A college student should be able to drink I mean the whole stupid reason it was changed to 21 was to stop HS kids from drinking, but permit college kids to drink, or so I gather...so why not just let you drink with proof of college ID? *angry comment directed toward America*
---------------------------------------

BY doing that it lowered drunk driving accidents and it also was enacted becuase colleges would have rampant drinking(even more so).

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, *points to location* 18 *dances* 18!!

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 22 what do i care about alchy ages ? wink5

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, you're evil. Do you know how long it takes to get served on a Friday night for me? Last week it just didn't happen! I couldn't even get served for cigs last week!!! Which REALLY pissed me off. How young do I look?!

Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know the only pic i've seen of you (msn profile pic) doesn't go higher than your chest

Not that i have a problem with that either siiw 8D

Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A college student should be able to drink I mean the whole stupid reason it was changed to 21 was to stop HS kids from drinking, but permit college kids to drink, or so I gather...so why not just let you drink with proof of college ID? *angry comment directed toward America*

Only 18 for us in Alberta, but recently they've been wanting to change it to 19, like that would have that much of a change? All it would do is make me lighten up on drinking until July.
Quote:
Anyway... I want some hard liquor to celebrate school ending

Excellent idea, I drank an entire bottle of rye on the last day of school then went to the beer gardens, then the bar.

Quote:
UPDATE: According to her friends...she has a boyfriend...

Just ask for her number if you know she has a boyfriend. Even if she's seeing someone you have a chance. Plus if she uses the line "I have a boyfriend" you can reply "Boyfriend? What does that have to do with us getting together and braiding each other's hair?" grin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     |##| -> |=|     LD4all archive Forum Index » Lucid Lounge All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

© pasQuale - donations greatly appreciated