The Big Library Experiment on reading and dreaming

In England, 100,000 survey forms were distributed in libraries to examine any correlation between aspects of our waking lives, including reading and visiting libraries, and the content, frequency and recall of our dreams. The results were analysed a team of Psychologists led by Dr Mark Blagrove, Reader in Psychology at The University of Wales, Swansea.

The article is there :
https://www.cilip.org.uk/aboutcilip/newsandpressreleases/archive2002/news020610.htm

As this link could be destroyed, I’ll copy it below :

I am a boy and i will tell my dreams to anyone that wants to know. If i had a weird dream or a cool dream, and you are around me, you are going to hear about my dream no matter if you like it or not! :tongue:

I’m a boy too, and I like to tell my dreams. That’s just statistics.
But it seems that girls are more interested in emotions, feelings and inner things than boys. For instance, they can easier recognize the expressions of an emotion than boys : in an experience where pictures were shown to people, boys were more likely to confuse emotions (like disgust and fear, for instance).

Women emotionall,men logicall…been like that since beginning of life…guess that survey just confirms wide known facts.

There are a lot of interesting facts indeed :

• In a survey, they ask about LDing : it means that LDing is spreading.
  • 58% of adults have had at least 1 LD. This is far more than other surveys. It could mean that people who read books (the forms were distributed in libraries) are more likely to have a LD.
  • Readers of fiction had more unlikely things occuring in their dreams : it could be useful for RC’s.
  • if you are less than 16, reading fantasy books is correlated with more LD,
    etc. etc.